Would you buy bacon in a loose vacuum pack bag?

pamellie, Mar 2, 1:28am
In the reduced to clear today they were selling streaky bacon that had been vacuum packed but had lost it's vacuum packedness if you get what I mean. I was going to buy it but was unsure if it would be ok. It was near it's expiry date (which doesn't normally bother me) but was a different colour to the bacon that were still sealed properly but they were still full price. I ended up leaving it on the shelf as I was unsure about how good it would be.

crazynana, Mar 2, 1:31am
I would leave it there as well. All the things you say indicate to me to "leave it where it is". Better than getting sick. The near expiry date wouldn't matter but the colour etc would to me.

davidt4, Mar 2, 1:32am
I wouldn't buy it. Even if it doesn't make you sick it would probably taste bad.

morticia, Mar 2, 1:35am
We never touch the RTC bacon if the vacuum has been breached. If it's intact we sometimes buy it as the bacon is quite nice.

Hand any bags like that to the staff to take away, they shouldn't be sold. The manager here likes to know when things are not right.

wildflower, Mar 2, 2:16am
No, definitely not. Hasn't been sealed properly.

articferrit, Mar 2, 2:42am
in a word - NO.

lilyfield, Mar 2, 4:23am
I would, just smell it first

hound31, Mar 2, 5:00am
No, if it's not vacuum packed properly it's had air in it, hence the funny colour. Used to work in a factory where food was vacuum packed, Would have handed it to the staff, have done that with cheese which usually has mould growing somewhere with the seal compromised.

gardner12, Oct 18, 6:51pm
Leave it there, you dont know when its lost the vac so air has been in and therefore bacteria process starts