Your gluten free baking. no fail recipe please

seasiders, Jun 11, 6:11am
My niece has just had baby no4 and I would like to do some baking, could anyone share a recipe I can make easily please, I have coconut flour and bakels baking mix (which just seems like cornflour) in the pantry.

winnie231, Jun 11, 7:21am
This recipe is very forgiving and will work fine with the bakels baking mix.
Just make it with that & don't worry about the almond meal. If I remember correctly it contains a raising agent so you won't need baking powder. My tip for using it is to sieve it in.

GF LEMON YOGHURT CAKE
Beat together 2 eggs & 1 cup of sugar.
Add 1 cup of oil and 1 cup of yoghurt, the zest & juice from 1 lemon and beat again.
Now for the dry ingredients - you want the equivalent of 2 cups of flour.
I added 11/4 cups of gf flour (bought from Countdown), 1/4 cup of almond meal and 1/2 cup of cornmeal (I like the texture of almond cake so mixed the ingredients for texture) plus 2 tsp of gf baking powder.
Sift dry ingredients into wet and fold through gently.

Bake in a greased & lined tin for 160c for 40-60 mins on fanbake (180c regular bake) or until a skewer comes out clean.
If it's browning too quick while still wet inside turn your oven down 20 degrees.

Sprinkle with icing sugar, ice when cold or stab holes in the top of the cake & pour over a hot lemon syrup while the cake is still hot.

seasiders, Jun 11, 8:12am
Thanks winnie sounds delicious. im sure I can smell lemon now!
. mmmm

fishnwally, Jun 11, 10:26pm
Chocolate Chip Biscuits

8ozs Butter
half a cup of sugar
6 tbsp of condense milk
1 egg
2 cups Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
choc chips

Cream butter and sugar together, add condense milk and egg, mix until all combined, add flour, baking powder, mix all together, add chocolate
chips, mix. Roll into balls, flatten with a fork, 180 degrees, about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Tried and true recipe that family absolutely love, even the kids friends rave about these biscuits

winnie231, Jun 15, 8:45am
You're welcome!
I hope you've had some successful baking :)

sarahb5, May 25, 8:59am
I just change my flour and icing sugar if needed so they are gluten free - Healtheries gluten free baking mix is the best I've found