The CHEAP Shiraz Wine Thread.

Page 1 / 2
paora-tm, Jul 6, 6:31am
Are you a CHEAP Shiraz fan? Got a secret to share? My favourite CHEAP Shiraz is Timara - only $9 a bottle. I just opened a bottle of Durbanville 2010 Shiraz which normally costs a little more but it was on special so I thought I would try it - what a mistake that was - I think Todd Carney may have tampered with it.

paora-tm, Jul 6, 7:15am
Me too. I usually restrict myself to a couple of glasses.

paora-tm, Jul 6, 7:16am
I reckon you are probably correct. :)

pussy01, Jul 6, 7:18am
i prefer a merlot. $7-$10 are damm nice

paora-tm, Jul 6, 7:22am
Thread hijacked by Merlot lovers. Damn!

motorbo, Jul 6, 7:31am
yes I like merlot. used to love a sav and now can find them quite a head spinner .

wheelz, Jul 6, 7:33am
Nah it's gotta be Syrah! Villa Maria cellar selection to be exact.

wheelz, Jul 6, 10:32am
Def not!
Just 1 I tasted, best red so far.

lcl2, Jul 6, 8:57pm
Banrock Station White Shariz is a lovely wine, not too sweet and not acidic. goes with red or white meat, looks great in a wine glass as it is a mid pink colour and is only $8.99 at PNS

lcl2, Jul 6, 8:57pm
LOL I get lala just opening the bottle so have to stick to 1 glass

kirmag, Jul 7, 2:22am
Wine Thieves Snatched Shiraz. Thru wine4u website. I buy a dozen when its $6-$7 on there. have the special every 2-3 months. Great wine and great price!

ljayl, Jul 7, 2:39am
Matua Pinot Noir or The Idealist Pinot Noir (Waipara Valley) are both soooooooooo yummy

madibug, Jul 7, 8:20am
you know what, I full agree that you can get an awesome wine for $10. I have got a Spanish wine called Marqués de Riscal Próximo Rioja, $9.99, it beautiful, medium body, great flavours. great wine for the price. highly recommend it anyone

paora-tm, Jul 8, 6:04am
Interesting but I can't find any mention of it anywhere except for on Wine4u. It has a ton of favourable reviews and all the other wines on the site have none.

paora-tm, Jul 8, 6:05am
Searched for it - $20 at all the NZ sites which stocked it.

kirmag, Jul 8, 6:06am
I hadnt heard of it before either but saw it on there so thought I'd give it a go. and was very happy with it. Enjoying a glass or 2 now.

kiwilion, Jul 8, 6:42am
I agree, very nice indeed! Just enjoying one right now, was on special at New World, McGuigans Black Label Merlot.

thuntzster, Jul 9, 6:57am
If you can get a Taylors red wine under ten bucks you are on to a winner!

paora-tm, Jul 9, 7:35am
Aha, I have a bottle ot Taylor's Shiraz 2010. Was a Countdown special of course BUT I see it's only $11 Countdown Online and I think I paid a little more ON SPECIAL. Ack, never trust wine retailers with their pricing!

thuntzster, Jul 9, 7:45am
Am on line to order it as we speak.

ross67, Jul 9, 4:43pm
I like McGuigans shiraz, buy it on special at NW for $7.00. Have some expensive wines at home too, but I like McGuigans better.

bottynoodle, Jul 10, 4:35am
Looking for San Pedro wines in particular one called Gato Negro have called many wine shops to no avail.Anyone on here heard of it and more importantly where it can be purchased.Thank you.

paora-tm, Jul 10, 9:02am
I just stripped the lining of my stomach. Might have to drink extra water - feel a headache coming on.

cappina, Jul 10, 9:04am
same here. I keep trying but so far the McGui has won.

ruby2shoes, Jul 11, 4:56am
back to the shiraz - Hardy's and I think there is a Matthew Longridge (or something, haven't seen it in a while) Shiraz mix.