Sliced bread for sandwiches

beerlady, Jun 16, 8:56am
Does anyone know where to buy thin sliced bread for sandwiches in Christchurch please. the sliced bread from supermarkets is almost toast!
Thanks

sla11, Jun 16, 9:05am
In Palmy North - 95c to $1 a loaf from Budget & Norths have switched to ONLY Toast bread. Pak'Save buyer said not enough being sold of sami so stopped it. Don't buy other brands.

sarahb5, Jun 16, 10:35am
Homebrand sliced is pretty thin - I'm sure they still do sandwich slices in white and wheatmeal

petal1955, Jun 16, 9:11pm
PNS sell Pam's Multigrain sandwich for $1.95 a loaf. shame they did away with the budget sandwich bread

valentino, Jun 17, 3:36am
Gosh, can remember once upon a time of getting those thin Reizensteins Sliced Bread as being the middle bread of a triple layer club sandwiches.

Hmmm, wondering if some of these bread shops can alter their bread slicer to cut as such. otherwise to buy those normal sandwich loaves.

beerlady, Jun 17, 5:01am
Thanks all, agree with valentine, sandwiches used to made of really thin bread but not any more.
Thanks to all

fifie, Jun 17, 9:42am
Ask at newworld, about to make dz's cheese rolls and they get it sliced thinly for us. They should be able to tell you how many you can get at a time.

ruby19, Jun 17, 10:12am
Vogels does really thin slices, not sure if this is thin enough.

deanna14, Jun 17, 6:02pm
It's a shame that thinly slice loaf isn't done anymore. It was perfect for sandwich making.

ruby2014, Jun 18, 3:54am
I just use the Natures Fresh sandwich one. I cut the crusts off both ends, which seems to make a big difference.

raebea, Jun 20, 9:34am
I buy the $1.00 loaf from Countdown it is the thinnest sliced bread that I can find, cheers Raebea

lulu239, May 8, 12:55am
I like thin toast and buy Pam's sandwich loaf. The trouble is that every so often the slices are too thick and I have to pass them over to my husband. I just might try Countdown for my bread. I remember years ago we were able to get a whole loaf and cut it almost wafer thin if we wanted. Don't think I would like to try now with all the different breads around