Gingernut biscuits

family007, Aug 10, 3:28am
Please would some darling out there post a decent recipe for ginger nut biscuits?
My man is dying to have some in his lunch and as he loves home baking he wants me to make them!
Please do you have a tried and true recipe that isn't flaky on taste or too spicy? I would be SO grateful! I'm at my limit of recipe book recipes!

nauru, Aug 10, 6:29am
Since finding Ginger Crinkles from Chelsea sugar I never use any other recipe now, link below. They are really nice and you can have a soft chewy biscuit or leave them in the oven a bit longer for a crunchy one. I up the amount of spices and reduce the sugar by half too as that's how we like them. Hope this helps.
http://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/ginger-crinkle-biscuits/

pam.delilah, Aug 10, 8:52am
GINGERNUTS WANAKA
100g butter
225g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp golden syrup
250g flour
1 tsp baking soda
3-4 tsp ground ginger
Preheat the oven to 170˚C. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and golden syrup and beat again. Put the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir with a whisk to distribute the soda and ginger evenly through the flour. Sift the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Beat until well mixed. Roll into balls and place on 2 oven trays lined with baking paper. Leave room for spreading and do not flatten. The gingernuts will puff up, then collapse into characteristic fissures. Bake for 15-18 minutes until well-baked and deep golden. Cool on a rack before storing in an airtight container. Makes about 30.

pam.delilah, Jan 10, 1:55am
Gingernuts one pot
For 40-60 biscuits
100g butter
1 rounded household tbsp golden syrup
1 cup sugar
1-2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups standard (plain) flour
1 tsp baking soda
Heat oven to 180degC (170degC fanbake), with the rack just below the middle. Line a baking tray with baking paper or a Teflon liner.
Melt the butter in a medium-sized pot or microwave dish. Remove from heat when melted. Dip an ordinary tablespoon into hot water, then measure the syrup with it. Add the syrup, sugar, ginger (use more for a stronger flavour) and vanilla. Add the egg, then mix well with a stirrer or wooden spoon. Sift in the flour and baking soda, then mix everything together again.
Stand pot or bowl in cold water to cool the biscuit mixture so it is firmer. With wet hands, roll teaspoonfuls of biscuit mixture into small balls. Put these on the prepared baking trays, leaving room to spread. Bake 1 tray at a time, for about 10 minutes, until golden brown. While biscuits are warm, lift them onto a cooling rack. When cold, store in an airtight container.
First Aid: If your biscuits don't spread, you have used too much flour. If they spread too far, you have not used enough flour.
Yield: 40-60 biscuits; Preparation and cooking 20-25 minutes