Add gelatine to cream

heathermay1, Jun 8, 10:59pm
to make whip cream stay firm I believe you add gelatine .How would you dissolve the gelatine Would you had boiling water and then add to the cream before whipping it

245sam, Jun 9, 12:02am
heathermay1, we very rarely have cream so I certainly haven't ever added gelatine to retain whipped cream's firmness; however if I did want to do so I think I would (and hopefully this would work) swell/soften the gelatine in a little cold cream, then gently warm the swelled/softened gelatine, just until the gelatine was dissolved and if necessary allow it to cool a little before adding it to the being-whipped cream. Personally I think it would be best to avoid adding any water.

Hope that helps.:-))

player_smurf, Jun 9, 12:07am
Adding a couple of tsp of vanilla instant pudding is a good way to keep it firm. You can't taste it really.

patsprat, Jun 9, 4:02am
Snap, Smurf! I do this if I don't want the cream to soften or start to split.
Works well and you can't taste it.

rasin11, Jun 10, 8:47am
I just add a little gelatin powder as is and the cream is firm without being too heavily whipped and stays in place!

waswoods, Jun 11, 8:22am
If you can get piping gel, that works very well

morrello1, Jun 12, 2:32am
I used to add gelatin to cream when I whipped it when I was a kid but haven't done so in over 20 years. if you do want to add it just sprinkle the powder in when whipping the cream, no need to dissolve.

retired, Jun 13, 3:21am
I have used a teaspoon of Vanilla Instant Pudding for years and then a lady in the supermarket told me honey works just the same. I have not tried the honey yet.

standard, Jun 13, 3:24am
I use honey all the time, works great !

niffer13, Jun 13, 3:28am
Same here Standard.

standard, Jun 13, 3:36am
Ha ha maybe I got that hint from you?

heathermay1, Jun 13, 4:05am
is it runny honey or cream honey

buzzy110, Jun 13, 4:34am
Or raw honey?

fishplants, Jun 1, 5:15pm
or clover honey - so you cannot taste it?
Would be tasting terribly of honey and nothing else if you used manuka.