Need a soft white kid friendly GF bread recipe

shellie72, Jan 18, 12:46am
Hi guys, does anyone have a recipe for a soft, white GF bread that can be made without a bread maker that small children would be happy to eat! Thanks :)

watertank1, Jan 18, 1:17am
I found 1 in a small pink recipie book at the warehouse by alison hoslt! I made it and it did taste quite ok! My brother in law who is GF ate it! anyway sorry i cant be more help, i gave him the recipie book for xmas LOL.

shellie72, Jan 18, 1:23am
thank you, I will keep an eye out at the warehouse :)

geldof, Jan 18, 5:17am
I have that recipe, and will post it after dinner.(I haven't tried it)

geldof, Jan 18, 6:46am
Gluten Free White Bread - Alison and Simon Holst.
750gm loaf

2 tsp instant active yeast
1 cup warm water plus 2 tbsp extra
3 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 txp guar gum
1 large egg plus 1 large egg white
1/4 cup skim milk powder
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup (65gm) chickpea flour
12 cup (65gm) tapioca flour
1 cup (140gm) rice flour
1 cup (150gm) maize flour

1. Measure the yeast, water, sugar and salt into the bowl of a heavy duty mixer and leave to stand for 5 min.

2. Sprinkle in the guar gum (do this gradually to avoid it forming lumps), then add the egg and egg white and the mild powder.Beat on a med - high speed for 2 min until the mixture looks foamy.

3.Add the oil and flours, then mix again at med speed for 2 min, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl after about 1 min.

4.Thoroughly coat the inside of a large loaf tin with non-stick spray, then pour/spoon the batter into it.Spread the batter evenly in the tin and smooth the top with an oiled spatula.

5.Put the tin in a warm place to rise for 50-6- min or until the mixture has reached to the top of the tin.

6.Bake at 200 deg C for 15-20 min until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped.Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few min before tipping onto a rack to cool completely.

geldof, Jan 18, 6:47am
In case you haven't made GF bread before - The batter will be much wetter.
Also do not try to slice until completely cold.

watertank1, Jan 18, 7:26am
Thats the one! but i didnt have milk powder so i used milk! still work out ok.