10 free-range eggs (or enough to cover your mix in the pan) beaten
150g goat cheese
20g grated parmesan
1 Tspn olive oil
1 knob butter
Salt and pepper
Chopped chives and chutney to serve

---
Preheat oven to 110. On a medium heat, warm your oil and butter in a cast iron skillet. Gently fry the garlic and rosemary for one minute. Add potatoes and season. Fry gently for around five minutes. Add the kale. When it just starts to wilt, break up the goat cheese and dot around the mix. I left some chunks big and others small. Pour over the egg. Sprinkle the parmesan over top and season.

Put in a low oven (110 degrees Celsius) for 15 minutes then increase heat to 180 and cook for a further five minutes or until set.

Let it rest for five minutes before serving. Spoon on a dollop of chutney and sprinkle over chives. Cut and serve.

lythande1, Jan 4, 4:10am
Nah.if they have no interest in learning, posting yet more recipes isn't going to help.
Those that care make an effort, those that don't, don't even read that sort of thing.

elliehen, Jan 4, 11:02am
As evidenced here in Recipes, there's always much more interest when there's a person's name attached and a recipe is attributed, rather than when it appears like an infomercial in the Foodie pages of a magazine.

suzanna, Jan 4, 11:17am
Absolutely.

k1w1shena, Jan 4, 12:13pm
You read it though, so maybe someone will post a recipe that'll get you excited, and hopefully you'll share a recipe that'll get us excited!

k1w1shena, Jan 4, 12:22pm
I made this for Christmas Day and it was a hit! I don't have a stove or an oven. I have a benchtop convection cooker, so wrapped the beetroot in foil, sprinkled with water, and placed on the bottom rack. I rubbed the kumara with salt and oil and placed on the top rack. Cooked both at the same time, although the beetroot takes 50% longer to cook than the kumara.

Gold Kumara and Beetroot Salad with Orange Dressing

1kg Gold Kumara
1 kg beetroot, washed
2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
salt for seasoning
1/4 cup wholegrain mustard
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 oranges or tangerines
1 bunch Italian parsley, destalked and chopped roughly

Cover the beetroot with water in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes until a knife passes through them easily.

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Wash the Gold Kumara and slice into 1 cm rounds. Slice each round in half through the middle. Place kumara into a large baking dish and toss with the canola or olive oil. Season then roast for 35 minutes, tossing occasionally.

When the beetroot is cooked, drain, peel under cool running water and slice into wedges. To make the dressing, place the mustard, turmeric and olive oil into a mixing bowl.

Zest the oranges and add zest to the bowl. Cut away all the skin and white pith from the oranges. With a sharp paring knife, cut out each segment of the oranges over the bowl. Squeeze out any remaining juice into the bowl and discard the pith. Stir to combine.

Divide the dressing and parsley between the kumara and beetroot and toss each one to coat. Arrange the kumara and beetroot on a serving platter just before serving.

Serves 4-6.

guest, Apr 2, 11:56am
I usually roast the bereotot bulb. I take the greens and rinse them, then drain. When the beets are cooked, I let them cool enough to peel and chop. Then I wilt the greens in olive oil with garlic. It only takes a minute. Once wilted, I throw the chopped beet in and add some balsamic vinegar. Lovely!