Muffin - Using Paper Cases

carter441, Dec 5, 4:33am
Probably a stupid question.If I am using paper cases, is it necessary to spray them with oil please!Also, will they turn out as good as just putting them in silicon muffin pans!

sarahb5, Dec 5, 5:23am
I've never used a silicon muffin pan so I don't know but it depends what brand of paper cases you've got - if they're Mrs Rogers or similar and actually made from baking paper you don't need to spray them, if they're fancy patterned ones made from ordinary paper then you need to spray them but they will probably still stick

carter441, Dec 5, 6:58am
Thanks.Does anyone else have any thoughts please!

nauru, Dec 7, 12:05am
I have found that the paper cases still stick even with spraying no matter what you bake them in, I don't use them anymore.You could always use squares of baking paper moulded into the muffin pan, you shouldn't need to use anything with the silicone muffin pan.If it's just for presentation you could put your baked muffins into the paper cases to serve them, I do this sometimes.

accroul, Dec 7, 12:24am
Depends on the brand of paper cases you use. Some are dynamite for sticking! I like using Mrs Rodgers brand, I find them pretty good - in saying that, I had a couple of dud's in my last case of them. Unfortunately I haven't found Mrs Rodgers in White yet.
Now, is that Rodgers or Rogers! Not getting off my chuff for a lousy d sorry!

elliehen, Dec 7, 12:37am
I find that hot muffins stick to papers, cold ones peel away cleanly.

soph001, Dec 7, 3:07am
Same! Wait for them to cool down (hard I know) and the papers just peel right off.

harrislucinda, Dec 7, 3:11am
are thesebroughtcases!itryedcuttingsquaresfrom thebakingpaperthey wereok