Rice Paper

nan99, Nov 19, 7:38pm
Good morning, could someone please tell me what part of the supermarket would I find rice paper rounds or sheets?Thank you in advance.

kirinesha, Nov 19, 8:06pm
Usually in the international or Asian foods section.

245sam, Nov 19, 8:07pm
nan99, I see that like myself you're in Christchurch - at various times I have been in most of the city's supermarkets and for that reason I suggest that you should find the rice paper sheets amongst the other ethnic/international products.Another alternative would be to try any of the many Asian supermarkets.

Hope that helps.:-))

blythewinsome, Nov 19, 10:26pm
umm what are you making with rice paper, i rember a little teasures article abould making rice paper rolls and i made it once and lost the recipe, they worked a treat and were really diffrent

nan99, Nov 19, 10:46pm
Thanks everyone.I have bought the Annabel Langbein "Free Range Cook" book and she has Prawn and Mint Finger Rolls in there made with rice paper.I think I will go to the Asian Food Warehouse in Salisbury Street. Thanks again.

rumbledoll, Nov 19, 10:48pm
I bought mine at Countdown in the asian aisle.
However they are not as easy to use/make as it seems.My first time ended up in a gloggy rice mess which looked like a pile of ooze from a winter nose.

Make sure you chop your fillings small.Don't leave the rice paper in water too long.

Good luck...

jaybee6, Aug 19, 3:45pm
They are awesome I do them a lot.Very healthy.