Baking pastry blind

rainrain1, Oct 16, 10:34pm
Is it supposed to be properly cooked or partially cooked please!

kiwitrish, Oct 16, 10:36pm
If for a hot filling ie custard tart then bake blind for only 15 minutes if for a cold filling then bake blind for 20 take out the paper and beans that you used as a weight and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes until fully cooked.

rainrain1, Oct 16, 10:39pm
Great thanks heaps

carlosjackal, Oct 16, 10:43pm
Partially. Once you have poured the filling into the partially cooked pastry case it is returned to the oven to cook further. If you were to cook the pastry right through when you bake blind it would be like concrete after the pastry case has been filled and cooked further - maybe even burnt!

guest, Jan 11, 11:48am
Awesome you should think of sotehming like that

guest, Jan 13, 2:16pm
Actually we don't do that many desserts here. This one is a scpieal treat. And when we eat real with good ingredients and without the manufactured chemistry and preservatives, we find we eat less in quantity but have more emotional satisfaction. This dessert will serve 8 or so in a few hours.

guest, Jan 14, 10:11am
I thought it was an exelnlect blog, that information has been very helpful in my life, I am a desserts lover, so I really enjoyed this reading, this weekend I want to do one! Thanks for this great moment!