I have loads of juicy lemons.

gojojo2, Aug 11, 10:59am
Any ideas for a tart or otherwise!

lyingnun, Aug 11, 11:13am
I read recently that you can throw whole lemons in the freezer and when you want to use one you can grate it into things and it makes cakes and things delicious. I miss my lemon tree at my old house.

carlosjackal, Aug 11, 12:29pm
Squeeze the juice from them and pour the juice into ice-cube trays - once frozen flick them out and put them in a plastic bag. It takes up very little room in your freezer and at anytime you only need a small amount, just defrost 1 or 2 cubes. I managed to sqeeze 4 1/2 cups of juice from the last lot of lemons I had given to me and freezed the lot! I freezed a lot of the skin/peel also - stored the same way as the juice (in a plastic bag). Very handy.

littlemissy1, Aug 11, 12:34pm
I brought these cool little trays that have finger type segments in them, I squeeze the juice into those so in summer i can pop one into a water bottle easily because they fit through the bottle neck. Today I did lemon and lime :)

molly37, Aug 11, 8:30pm
Jo Segar All Things Nice Cookbook. Citrus Tart.
125g Butter
1 C Flour
1/2 C Icing Sugar
Place it all in Food Processor and run till it clumps together. Use floured hands, press mix into base of loose bottomed flan tin. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
1 Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 C Lemon Juice
Grated rind of 2 Lemons
2 Tablespoons of Custard Powder, but I used cornflour as I was out. (I liked in better than when I used custard powder personally).
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 Eggs
Icing Sugar to dust.
Place all the filling into the food processor and run till combined. Pour into chilled base. Bake for 25 mins until pastry crisp and golden and filling set. Dust with icing sugar.
Its Easy Peasy.!

angel404, Aug 12, 12:32am
Hubby recently threw a whole plastic bag of lemons in the freezer before i could cut and juice them. They are virtually useless now. I dont do much baking but use the juice of lemons regularly for in my fruit teas but once the lemons are frozen (and then thawed) they dont juice very well!

angel404, Aug 12, 12:32am
Make limoncello!

baalamb, Aug 12, 1:15am
Preserved lemons - the lady on World Kitchen gave directions for them a couple of weeks ago - as well as a tagine recipe that used the lemons. Heres the link

http://www.worldkitchen.co.nz/recipe-details/Preserved-Lemons/!id=509

supercook, Aug 12, 1:30am
That sounds yummy I am going to try that this week might make small mini ones as have some some mini tart dishes

gojojo2, Aug 12, 4:55am
Thanks all - looking forward to trying out your ideas

kaddiew, Aug 12, 9:15am
Before squeezing lemons to freeze the juice, I always remove just the zest with a little zester, and freeze that separately.

bindi21, Aug 12, 9:20am
The Jo Seager tart is yummy.

bev00, Nov 29, 9:33am
Very easy.
TANGY LEMON TEA CAKE
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
1 teaspoon finely granted lemon rind
1egg beten lightly
LEMON FILLING
1 teaspoon cornflour
1tablespoon water
1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
1 egg beaten lightly
60g butter, chopped
Heat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced)
Grease and line an 18 cm springform cake pan and line bottom with baking paper.
Combine flour and caster sugar. Rub in butter with fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through lemon rind.
Add egg and stir until evenly combined.
Press 2/3 over the base of the prepared pan.
LEMON FILLING
Combine cornflour and water until smooth. Place in a small saucepan with remaining ingredients. Stir constantly over low heat until mixture thickens and boils.
Pour the hot lemon filling over the base in the pan. Crumble the remainder base mixture over the top of the filling.
Bake for 35 mins or until browned. Cook in pan.
serve at room temp with cream/youghurt/ice cream.
Looks stunning served on a plate with a base.
Has a good lemon flavour.

Quotesherrydog (32 )1:02 pm, Wed 30 Nov #5

zappi, Nov 29, 6:59pm
ditto to the jo seager lemon tart.Always get comments on this one. So yummy and easy. Makes great little tarts.

cookessentials, Nov 30, 4:43am
Home made lemonade, lemon curd, lemon yoghurt cake, lemon meringue pie, freeze aqueezed juice in containers to use when lemons are scarce.

holly-rocks, Nov 30, 5:25am
I love this recipe for lemon meringue pie ~ http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/my-favourite-lemon-meringue-pie-1140

I cheat and buy the sweet pastry though :) and add extra lemons ~about 5-6 (:

janny3, Nov 30, 6:38am
Love Lemon cake and lemon Madeira cakes.Thanks for the above recipes.