Lemons!!

sarahw2, Jan 10, 1:27am
I have a bag of them, please can I have some easy yummo recipes to use them up?? Thanks:-)

245sam, Jan 10, 1:34am
sarahw2, try doing a search, here on this Trademe MB, using lemons as the Keyword and Anytime as the Date posted option - you'll find recipes and ideas for a variety of uses for those lemons including lemon cordial, curd/honey, cakes, slices..........

Also, have you thought of freezing the lemons (sliced for use in cold drinks - punch, G&T's, etc. or freeze the juice and zest separately for later baking, etc.) or how about preserving the lemons for later use in Moroccan and similar type dishes??:-))

cookessentials, Jan 10, 1:37am
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour,shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs,oil,sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for thirty minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar.

cookessentials, Jan 10, 1:38am
Manuka Honey & Lemon Butterfly Cakes
Ingredients:
150g softened butter
½ cup of manuka honey
½ cup of caster sugar
Finely grated zest of 4 lemons
3 free-range eggs
1½ cups of self-rising flour
Juice of 3 lemons
Topping:
½ cup of cream whipped with 1 tsp of natural vanilla essence and 1 tsp of caster sugar
Finely grated zest of two lemons Icing sugar, for dusting
Method:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cases. Beat softened butter, honey, sugar and lemon zest together, then add eggs, sifted flour and lemon juice and beat until mix is thick and creamy. Spoon mix into muffin cases and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out clean and the cakes are a lovely golden colour. Cool in tin for 10 minutes then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, slice the top off each cake and cut the sliced piece in two. Place a dollop of the whipped cream on top of each cake then place the sliced pieces on top like butterfly wings. Sprinkle a little freshly-grated zest of lemon over each cake then lightly dust with icing sugar.

beaker59, Jan 19, 1:00am
Limoncello
Take the rind of 6 -8 lemons using a potato peeler taking care to avoid any white pith put it in a glass jar with a 1L bottle of full strenght vodka (can be a cheapy) leave in a dark cupboard for 2 weeks then strain into a 1.5 L bottle add the juice of the lemons (I freeze the juice for adding at this stage add 1 cup of sugar and top up to the 1.5 mark with water put the cap on and leave in the cupboard for another two weeks I decant into a nice bottle and then keep in freezer bring the bottle out after dinner for a small nip after dinner, lovely on the deck on these summer evenings.