Using fruit.healthy ideas

garfeild101, Jul 25, 4:10am
Tried searching but wanting to leave out carb loaded stuff like pastry and crumble toppings.all i can come up with is Sorbet and stewed fruit (served with low fat yoghurt)

Any other ideas!

I have frozen mangos, strawberries and mixed berries and a few tinned fruits which i drain

daleaway, Jul 25, 4:27am
If you make jelly with gelatine you can control the amount of sugar or sweetener used, and add the fruit as it cools.

davidt4, Jul 25, 4:29am
You can make a nice crumble topping with flaked almonds, ground almonds, butter and a little sugar.Watch it carefully as it burns easily.Serve with cream or Greek-style yoghurt.

kesley, Jul 25, 4:42am
Yum, yes, exactly. And parfait! I love fruit parfait. You can use plain yoghurt for that, or if you like thicker, drain it in cheesecloth for an hour or so to get greek yoghurt. It's even better with a handful of homemade toasted muesli over the top. Fruit stewed and then served with a milk-based rice pudding is frightfully delicious as well, and you really don't need to add much sugar at all. I do about 1/4 cup for about 2L of stewed apple.

kesley, Jul 25, 4:43am
Also smoothies. The smoothies I make for breakfast typically involve a banana, 4 mandarins, a kiwifruit and a quarter of a pineapple. A persimmon or two if they're getting squishy. But whatever is cheap/in season is dandy. The best part is, you can toss in a good handful of spinach and never taste a thing! I generally add wheatgerm and linseed as well.

garfeild101, Jul 25, 4:58am
yes i do spinach and water and blend then add fruit for a green smoothie-forgt about that too