Healthy Eating during times of stress

carobobo, Dec 14, 5:44am
Any tips on what to eat during the stressful times.
It's a bummer being a stress eater lol

jerrytravis, Dec 14, 5:49am
my philosophy - everything in moderation, nothing to excess.

hope this helps.

fee1965, Dec 14, 5:49am
I nibble on a few almonds, only allow so many per day though.Rice crackers are good too.

theanimal1, Dec 14, 7:36am
i eat alot of celery and carrots when stressed lol, but then i love these

darlingmole, Dec 14, 7:51am
hmmm, I drink wine ...

elliehen, Dec 14, 10:19am
Do you mean over-eating in times of stress?

Don't eat in private.Eat with other people around.

coconutbuns, Dec 14, 11:19pm
Brazil Nuts. A handful. Selenium. Helps to prevent cancer. Mindset. Every time you make a decision to eat, ask yourself am I really hungry? Probably not. But if you must have it, eat & enjoy & STOP when you're full

bedazzledjewels, Dec 14, 11:21pm
Make sure you eat protein at each meal so you don't feel so hungry.
And Ellie's tip is a good one.

ruby19, Dec 15, 5:47am
I think I am a bit like darlingmole......

buzzy110, Dec 15, 6:01am
Both ellie and dazzler's tips are good. I second those. And expanding on coconutbun's tip to ask yourself if you are hungry before eating, why not drink a glass of water and cogitate on whether you require that particular food, at that particular time or whether you could make a better choice instead.

If all else fails, uncork a good bottle of wine and drown your sorrows. Just kidding.

petal89, Dec 15, 6:03am
some yummy chocolate always helps nom nom or some yummy lollies hehe

wayneandjudith, Dec 15, 9:26am
AND REMEMBER THAT THIRST PANGS FEEL THE SAME AS HUNGER SO DRINK WATER FIRST THEN RE-THINK. Oops sorry not shouting...

rosathemad, Nov 1, 12:11pm
Hehe, I am terrible at gobbling everything I can over Christmas. I am working hard to avoid treats before the big day in anticipation. For me planning is a big thing - if I think out what's reasonably ahead I'm less likely to go mad.

I wrote about this stuff the other day if anyone's interested - hope it's not too preachy, I'm definitely not restrained myself: http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/12/avoiding-festive-bulge.html