Cooked Cobb Loaf with Filling

nikki120, Jul 10, 12:26am
Does anyone have an easy recipe for the cobb loaf that has the cheesy filling in it!

kirmag, Jul 10, 12:36am
YUM!I have to make this for any party now cos everyone loves it so much.

Bacon (about 4 slices chopped)
Onion (about 1 med/lrg chopped)
Spinach (baby spinach leaves in the bags are always good cos u can just rip it up easy)
1 tub of cream cheese
1 cup of tasty cheese
1 cup mayo (best foods is the best)
A dash of worchester sauce (not essetianl tho)
A sprinkle of dried mixed herbs (not essential either but for a lil more taste)

Fry up bacon and onion.Take off heat and add ripped up spinach and mixed herbs.In a seperate bowl mix the cheeses and worchester sauce.Once all mixed then add the bacon mix and mix it all up good, then put in the cobb loaf and put in oven for 20-30mins or until u think it looks good.

lythande1, Jul 10, 1:57am
1 large cob loaf
1 large eggplant sliced thinly lengthways
250g Eggplant dip
1 large zucchini sliced thinly lengthways
1 sweet potato sliced thinly lengthways, steamed
100g sun dried tomatoes
50g cheese thinly sliced
100g stuffed olives
300g Mushrooms sauteed in butter
Set grill on hot and grill eggplant and zucchini.

Cut off top 1/4 of the cob loaf and take out the soft filling to the loaf. Spread a layer of eggplant dip on the bottom.

Continue layering with other ingredients until the whole cob is stuffed to the very top with filling. Wrapup snugly . Place on a plate and then weight down in your fridge overnight (with other heavy containers or a can if you need to).

The next day set your oven to 180C. Place foil wrapped muffeletta in oven and bake for 30 minutes until crusty and golden on top. Slice into wedges.

toadfish, Jul 10, 7:58am
DIVINE GREEN DIP.
1 Cobb Loaf, 1 onion, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese, 250g cream cheese, 1/4 tsp basil, 4 silverbeet leaves (cooked & well-drained). Cut the top off & hollow out the Cobb loaf, keeping the bread to cut into small serving-sized pieces for dipping. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a food processor & then pour the mixture into the Cobb shell & place the lid on i.e. the piece cut from the top of the loaf. Bake at 150°C for 1/2 hour. Serve warm.

Note: From Julia– “This is absolutely divine but the bread is not enough on its own for dipping, so I always serve other things e.g. Snax crackers, finely sliced French bread .I have also done in it in small rolls for individual dips & my Aunt has served it up as a Vegetarian meal, 1 dinner roll with filling and lots of chopped up vegetables for each person.”

guest, Jan 11, 11:49am
What an awesome way to explain this-now I know eveyithrng!

guest, Jan 13, 2:16pm
Depending on the size of the sandwich, a pound of tuekry makes about 8 sandwiches (with cheese) max. More like 3-4.I'm assuming it's a 12 ounce package of sliced cheese. If it's on tuekry sandwiches, then 12.You're mostly limited by your 1 loaf of bread.A case of walmart brand water is going to cost around $10-12.If you get the applesauce, don't forget to include plastic spoons. I'd skip the applesauce and include fresh fruit.