Chicken Cooked in Oven Bag "YES or NO"

irish15, Dec 20, 1:55am
Im going to cook some chickens the day before xmas and use different seasonings on each. My question is should I use oven bags or not? Everyone says that using oven bags makes the chicken nicer is this correct, what do you think? :) Rae

shellz596, Dec 20, 2:03am
YES, I cook my chicken in the bag and it comes out so tender, and the juice I use for gravy, nice

irish15, Dec 20, 2:07am
Does the skin brown thoug?

nzhel, Dec 20, 2:18am
I always cook my chickens in oven bags and yes they turn brown and are juicy and tender. It also helps keep the oven clean!
Another hint I found years ago and always do now when using oven bags - is to sit the chicken on a slice of bread in the bag so it is easier to get out. It doesn't stick to the bag. Have a lovely Xmas!

irish15, Dec 20, 2:32am
thankyou nzhel good point.

smileeah, Dec 20, 9:20am
I say yes, my other half says no way. Reakons he doesn't like boiled chicken lol

kiwibubbles, Dec 20, 9:22am
yep do it in the bag - you get lovely juice for gravy and yes the skin still comes out golden and crisp

noonesgirl, Dec 20, 9:25am
Yes, definitely oven bag

sarah531, Dec 20, 10:27am
I say no to oven bag. Takes away all the crispness. If you want to use the chicken for something else though it's great because I must say it's very tender that way.

chynna2, Dec 20, 11:02am
Another yes from me!

I also cook my turkey in an oven bag too - lovely and moist. :-)

kenny17, Dec 20, 11:38am
jeez,I'm a real peasant,I just slit the bag the Chicken comes in and throw it in the Microwave on high for 30 mins......and wallah!..melts in your mouth.......moist ,tender.......

olwen, Dec 20, 11:45am
Learn to spell.That's voila

kenny17, Dec 20, 11:46am
I'm Australian..hehe..

kenny17, Nov 23, 10:45pm
Wallah..Arabic for " I swear to God."