Nice simple salad dressing?

zharacadz, Jun 13, 7:09am
I saw something on Jamie Oliver once, olive oil, lemon juice and a couple of other ingredients. Any ideas please!

shellz213, Jun 13, 7:11am

zharacadz, Jun 13, 7:17am
No, from memory I think it might of been a fresh herb or chilli, and just tossed through the salad.

marcs, Jun 13, 8:45am
3 parts olive oil, 1 part lemon juice, salt, pepper and any herb you want to flavour with. Can you chillies. I know he has used yoghurt or sour cream or cream fraiche as well. Instead of lemon you can use nice vinegars as well.

bisloy, Jun 13, 8:53am
I use raspberry or boysenberry vinegar and olive oil - amazing!

sarahb5, Jun 13, 10:55am
Classic French dressing is just that - olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, garlic, mustard and a pinch of sugar.You can change the flavour by changing the seasoning or the vinegar

rainrain1, Jun 13, 7:37pm
A favourite
Mix well together juice of 1 lemon, zest of half a lemon, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard, 2 Tblsp runny honey, 2 Tblsp chopped parsley, salt and pepper, 2 Tblsp of a good mayo or aioli, 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil.Will keep for a week in fridge

and a favourite coleslaw dressing
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 Tblsp toasted sesame seeds (dry roast in pan)
1/2 cup cider vinegar

place all in shaker and shake baby shake :-)

nikkib90, Jun 13, 7:57pm
Your basic olive oil, vinegar, squeeze of lemon, a little sugar and poppy seeds. Delish on a baby spinach and berry salad (makes me salivate for summer.)

strebor1, Jun 13, 8:30pm
Yes thank goodness we have gone away from that gross dressing made with Highlander Condensed Milk!A dressing is supposed to compliment food, and bring out the taste in the salad, not overpower it. All the above dressings are restaurant quality.

spot20, Jun 13, 8:35pm
Mine is always 2 parts olive oil, one part cider vinegar, heaped tsp dijon mustard, heaped tsp honey, as many cloves of garlic asa desired at the time, salt, pepper and in winter a pinch of cayenne. shake shake shake in a jam jar! We use it everynight on salad or just steamed vege etc

rainrain1, Jun 13, 11:34pm
Weeeell you can always add some wasabi paste to the gross dressing and make it taste dam good