Catering size Carrot Cake recipe PLEASE!!!

somersetting, Apr 5, 8:19pm
I am in desperate need of a recipe that fills a roasting pan size for my Dad's 60th. Does anyone have a fool proof on they can share please? ? TIA

margyr, Apr 5, 8:33pm
i would just increase a normal recipe by 4, make sure you grease and line the roasting dish with baking paper, cook at the same temp as your recipe says and after the recommended cooking time check with a skewer it may take longer to cook than a normal sized one, but check quite often after the recommended cooking time.

dezzie, Apr 5, 9:56pm
search motueka carrot cake on here in the searchon the left, its lovely and big as well.

wilson16, Apr 5, 10:17pm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=86

second page, might try it myself

babytears, Apr 5, 10:40pm
2nd the Motueka carrot Cake - definately the way to go... . am going to do that this week sometime

dodgy76, Apr 6, 9:34pm
Carrot Cake recipe my parents used for their cafe as follows:

Preheat oven 180 degrees

3 eggs
1 1/2 c cooking oil
3 cups grated carrot
1 cup sultanas
1 pkt walnut pieces
1 t vanilla essence
1 cup pineapple or orange juice

Mix together in bowl add the following sifted dry ingrediants

3 cups flour
2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon

Put into a lined dish, turn oven to 150 cook for 1 1/2 hours test.
Make sure cake is cold before spreading icing over.

Cream Cheese Icing

1 250gm cream cheese - soften or leave out to soften
150 gm butter - softened
1 t vanilla essence

Beat together to a smooth consistency add icing sugar approx 4 cups - beat until smooth you can add more icing sugar as you go this will increase the volume of your icing.

Smooth over top of cake add a scroggin mixture sprinkled over the top of cake. This is a never fail recipe and it is delicious.

mackenzie2, Apr 6, 11:47pm
I have doubled/tripled and 4x'ed this cake and it all ways turn's out perfectly, just adjust your cooking times to suit, a clean skewer is a great indication...

I make one at work,
and it is raved as the best cake in the South Island (not by me, I not fussed on CC, but by customers we get asked at least once a day for the recipe) Here it is BEAT 3 eggs, 3/4 cup oil and 1. 5cups sugar, when light in colour add 1 tsp vanilla 3/4 cup orange juice and small tin of crushed pinnapple. In another bowl put 3 cups grated carrot, 2 cups wholemeal flour, 1 cup coconut 1. 5 tsp mixed spice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1. 5 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, . 5 cup walnuts. Mix all together, bake 160 for approx 1 hr, keep checking after 50mins (oven dependent) Icing when cool, 25gms butter 100gms cream cheese, both softened, add enough icing sugar till light fluffy and thick, Put on cake I sprinkle with apricots, thread coconut, pump seeds, and sliced almonds. ENJOY

mackenzie2, Apr 6, 11:48pm
The recipe above is for a average sized cake

rrrg, Apr 7, 7:34am
Dodgy... . what size tin

dodgy76, Apr 7, 7:49am
You can either use it in a roasting dish or a large sized cake tin, it makes heaps, you only have to eat a little at a time, but if your all like my family they like slabs of it. I have used this recipe time and time again for family gatherings.

dodgy76, Jan 9, 8:52am
1 cup of sugar to wet mix