Spring roll recipe please

tarshlove, Jan 31, 11:04pm
I have both pork mince and chicken mince. If you have an awesome recipe please post it. I tried the food in a minute ones they are ok but something is missing.TYIA

gypsy11, Feb 1, 12:10am
I would wing it, if you are wanting chinese, think chinese flavours, 5 spice, sweet and sour, and add it with vege, bean sprouts, carrot, cabbage etc, if you want to try Thai then sweet chilli, even some thai green paste a little fish sauce, coriander, chilli sliced vege etc

fisher, Feb 1, 12:12am
Spring rolls.Made with spring roll wrappers or filo pastry
Ingredients:
1 gratedpotato.1/2 cabbage shredded.one carrot julienned.150g pork mince.2 cloves garlic.1 onion finely sliced .
2 tbsp soy sauce.grating of ginger.pinch of five spice.dash of fish sauce.salt and pepper.spring roll wrappers or filo pastry.
Method:
Fry crushed garlic, ginger and onion until tender then add pork mince and cook for further 5 mins. Season with salt , pepper and five spice.
A little fish sauce to taste. Add 1 cup of water or vege stock to meat and mix with and cook potato, carrots and cabbage until just tender.
Set aside until cold. put in fridge if you want.
Put about 2-3tbsp of filling on top of wrapper and roll up tucking in the sides. Seal with little flour / water mix.
Deep fry in hot oil until just golden brown or place on oiled oven tray and grill at 200c turning when just golden brown.Don't over cook them as , remember, you have already cooked the ingredients
Variations:
(a) Use precooked rice instead of potato.
(b) Add a tsp of curry powder.
(c) Add shelled cooked prawn meatto the mix before placing in the fridge.
Hints:
Make small rolls as finger food entrée or larger rolls for main course .
Soy Sauce or Sweet Chilli Sauce for dipping.

fisher, Feb 1, 12:19am
You can make a dipping sauce if you want.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce. 1/4 cup water. 1tsp cornflour.2 tbsp rice vinegar.2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed. 2 tbsp sugar
Method
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring, until sugar dissolves and cornflour is well mixed. Cool before serving.

you can use that mix for stir fries as well.if you want the sauce a little thicker,just add another tsp of cornflour.