Freezing cream

effcee1, Dec 25, 9:56pm
Hi everone, we finished up with to many bottles of cream. Can we put them in the freezer ! to use later or is it a no, no,

mothergoose_nz, Dec 25, 10:48pm
whip it.freeze rosettes of cream on a tray ready to pop onto something when needed.dont freeze it unwhipped

harrislucinda, Dec 25, 11:10pm
nonotniceoncedthawed

uli, Dec 25, 11:15pm
Cream is easy to freeze, but will also keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks. So if you are not planning to up and leave in the next few days you can use it up in sauces or whipped over that time.

Or make ice cream with the leftover eggs and freeze that!

kassie48, Dec 25, 11:28pm
Scrambled eggs with cream rather than milk. Yum

wildflower, Dec 26, 1:54am
Whipped or as is in the bottle!I only have 1/2 a bottle left but no use for it in the next week or so.

vmax2, Dec 26, 1:55am
I freeze cream as is.I know of other people who freeze it beaten up.So obviously both works.

lythande1, Dec 26, 2:47am
It will keep longer than 2 weeks, just thaw fully before whipping. Can be frozen as is.

uli, Dec 26, 4:18am
I was saying it will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
In the freezer most likely 4 or 6 months.

uli, Dec 27, 1:38am
I never whip it - just freeze as it is.

badams1, Dec 27, 2:17am
uli, i did eacttly that with a 600ml bottle of cream .on defrosting it split.looked like lumps of scrambled eggs. you must be lucky. it wont be wasted, i will make ice cream with it, but presently freezer filled to over flow. happy newyear .

pickles7, Dec 27, 10:20pm
Whipped cream makes a nice dressing for any salad,, add sugar, salt,curry powder, vinegar,to taste.
Approx
1 bottle of cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 cup of vinegar.
I amlight on some things but gave a good starting point.