Help! Not cooking though!

allurs, Mar 27, 11:46pm
Hi guys, ya know how when u buys ur towels they are soft, i've been told ya ment to use some of the 'Cuddly' fabric softner stuff to make them soft again! !
Well i've tried it and well it didnt work that well, does any1 else have a magic recipy or something that would work!

maxwell.inc, Mar 28, 12:08am
I just use white vinegar allurs. . I pop it in the area for the fabric softener. But also if hanging towels on the line I take them and "fluff" them by flick/shaking them. . to puff up the fibers. . this helps heaps... one other thing I do is dissolve my washing powder in hot water (hot tap hot is fine) I've found that a lot of the time the reason towels go crunchy is because of the inactivated powder residue on them.

buzzy110, Mar 28, 12:15am
I just wash without all the palaver and hang up in the wind. Apparently the clothes dryer has a similar effect. My towels are always clean smelling and soft and fluffy. However, I do buy the most expensive, preferring to actually get dry when I use them, rather than those that the Red Shed sells which are so thin I may as well use tea towels. It balances out in the end because they do last about 3 times longer than the cheap ones.

maxwell.inc, Mar 28, 12:18am
hehe buzzy. . redshed actually sells some very high quality stuff... but you will pay thru the eye balls for it... personally I'm not keen on paying $40 for one towel lol. . in saying that most of my $10 towels from there are 4 years old and still going strong and not as thin as a tea towel ;o)

And yes the dryer does a fantastic job of keeping them soft. . thats all I use when we are in our own home (sadly forced to use the line here! )

allurs, Mar 28, 12:32am
Wow ok, i'll try both ways! thanks heaps! Gosh and especially when you have people to stay, man i get embarrised bout my towels feeling like cardboard! lol RIghty ho, i'll give them a go!

lythande1, Dec 10, 3:05pm
Like jeans hanging them on the line makes them hard. Dry them in the dryer and they go all soft again.