Help! Need a quick, easy kitchen wizz cake

edens_house, Oct 27, 5:11am
Calf club tommorrow and running out of time.
need a really nice quick and easy cake recipie that is suitable to do a double recipie, I have a really good chocolate cake.but it takes 1 hr and three quarters to cook and we are running out of time. Need to get the cake cooked, cooled , iced and all fancy real fast, One of kids is doing a rugby field and the other is making a rugby ball. needs to look good and taste good for the competition. I have the bananana wizz cake recipie and i have just done that . but would be good to have a different one for the other. HELP!

kinna54, Oct 27, 7:21am
Make a choc sponge. Which cake are you doing with the ball! and which for the field.
I would do the choc sponge for the field, just make it in a swiss roll tin or similar, should cook in 12-15mins. I have a "mixer choc cake" cooks in 25-30mins. Bump if you want it posted.

edens_house, Oct 27, 7:41am
Do you mean cake mixer, or kitchen wizz . I hate creaming the butter. Could be a lasy cook, but definatly a good cook. If its a cream the butter job,thanks for the offer but. looking for a easy job.

kinna54, Oct 27, 8:15am
It is actually a cake mixer one, but I think it would be worth a go in the whizz as there is no creaming, butter is melted and ingredients are added gradually.
Have a look anyway:
from the cadbury chocolate cookery book:
Mixer chocolate cake:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornflour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
100g melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2tsp vinegar
Sift flour, cornflour, salt, cocoa baking powder and baking soda.
Beat eggs and sugar, add melted butter, half the milk and the essence.
Beat at medium speed, continue to beat while spooning the dry ingredients in, beat 1 min.
Mix vinegar with milk and beat into mixfor another minute.
Bake at 180c for 25-35 mins. (depending upon cake tin size in a rectangular pan it could cook in 20mins) test with a cake skewer for doneness.
If you need to ice in a hurry, once the cake has been out of the oven for 10-15mins, pop it into the freezer for 5 mins, then ice.

edens_house, Oct 27, 10:17am
Thanks heeps to all for your recipies, Just love my wizz. I didnt know that you could do so many things with it, I just thrash mine.