Thai Pumpkin Soup recipe please!

tarshlove, Oct 9, 7:33am
I had this tonight at BBQ master I had about 4 bowls of it. I loved it so much now I want to make some. Does anyone have a fantastic recipe for this that they can share! TYIA

toadfish, Oct 9, 7:48am
Thai Spicy Pumpkin Soup

1 bunch coriander with roots
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
3cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
1kg pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, chopped
400ml coconut milk
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
2 tsp brown sugar

1 Wash coriander. Finely chop root and 2cm of stalk. Roughly chop leaves and put in a bowl; cover and refrigerate.

2 Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan. Add coriander root and stalk, onion, ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir until well combined. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add pumpkin and 2 cups cold water to pan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Cool slightly.

3 Transfer half the pumpkin mixture 
to a food processor and process until 
a smooth puree forms. Pour into a bowl. Puree remaining pumpkin mixture. Return puree to a clean saucepan. Add 1 cup of the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Bring to a simmer.

4 Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with remaining coconut milk and coriander leaves.

toadfish, Oct 9, 7:49am
Thai Pumpkin SoupRecipe

Ingredients:
1kg Pumpkin diced & skin removed
Oil for oven tray
1 can Coconut Cream (approxiately 400ml)
1 heaped tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
1/4 cup Fresh Coriander chopped (optional)

Directions:
1. Drizzle oil into oven tray and scatter in your sliced pumpkin. Put into a preheated oven 180°C for approximately 30 minutes, until golden and cooked. The actual cook time will vary so check after 20 minutes.

2. In a large soup pot cook your red curry paste for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Add in the coconut cream and stir well until combined then remove from heat.

3. Blitz your pumpkin in batches in the food processor with some water then add to curry coconut mix. You can mash it with some water if you don't have a food porcessor.

4. Heat through then stir in the coriander just before you serve.

toadfish, Oct 9, 7:50am
Thai pumpkin soup

750g chopped & peeled pumpkin (aprox. ½ a med pumpkin)
2 Tablespoons Thai green curry paste
2 stalks of celery
½ an onion
Garlic & ginger
Salt & pepper
400ml can Coconut Cream

Put pumpkin, celery, onion, garlic & ginger, curry paste in a pot and cover with water.Simmer till pumpkin is cooked through (about ½ an hour). Blend in kitchen whiz, with coconut cream & season to taste. Serve with a slice (or three) of freshly baked bread

toadfish, Oct 9, 7:51am
Thai Pumpkin soup with Coconut Sambal

From The Best of Annabel Langbein - Great Food For Busy Lives

To prepare: 10 minutes
To cook: 30 minutes

2tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium pumpkin (about 1.2kg)
2 cups water
400ml can of coconut milk
1-2 fresh or dried chillies, chopped
1tbsp minced lemongrass or 1/4 tsp of finely grated lemon rind
1 tbsp of fish sauce
Salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup of fresh coriander or parsley, chopped

Heat oil in a big pot, and gently cook onion, sugar and garlic until softened (8-10 minutes). Add all other ingredients (except fresh coriander) and simmer until pumpkin is tender (about 20 minutes). Mash roughly, adjust seasonings to taste and mix in coriander. Serves 4

toadfish, Oct 9, 7:52am
Must be something there that you have the ingrediants for.

tarshlove, Oct 9, 7:53am
Oh man Thanks soooo much toadfish your awesome. Which one is best to try 1st do you reckon! I can't wait to go get some pumpkin tomorrow! lol

toadfish, Oct 9, 8:34am
Depends how fancy you want to get. the ones with Red or green paste need less ingrediants.I like the look of the one with Green Curry Paste.

toadfish, Oct 9, 8:38am
But if you want to be a bit flasher. don't think you can go past Annabel Langbein.

tarshlove, Oct 10, 5:39am
I made this one today it's quite good different to the one I had the other night but still nice. Thank you :o)

guest, Jan 11, 5:17am
That hits the target peyrtcelf. Thanks!

guest, Jan 13, 12:47pm
The lights went on last week in a song-filled cenmroey attended by a significant crowd, such as this woman.WOMAN: I'm highly happy that Costa Mesa came forward and did this. At least for now, the display has located a brand new house at City Hall temporarily named Snoopy Hall. Jim Jordan's wife, Linda, had the same reaction he did.The Christmas season quite often brings debate concerning the extent to which public schools and government offices should recognize religious holidays. The United states of america Constitution separates government and religion. But some forms of religious expression have under no circumstances been excluded from public life. Congress opens every single day having a prayer an instance of what is quite often named civic religion. .

guest, Jan 14, 7:42pm
But then Xavier Alvarez stated he was a reeitrd United states of america Marine. He stated he was wounded in battle and had been awarded the Medal of Honor. But Alvarez had in no way served within the Marines or reeitrd from the armed forces. And he had in no way earned the country's highest military honor. When he stated he had, he broke the law. Lawyers for Xavier Alvarez say he was speaking as an official of an elected body when he lied about the medal. They say this shows he was engaged in political speech. And, they say, that kind of speech has always enjoyed special protection under the Constitution and court rulings.