I have a size 13 chook ready to cook ideas please

snicklepickle, Mar 24, 10:28am
I don't want to do a roast, maybe a chicken caserol or crockpot chicken. I have never make crock pot chicken , any YUMMY RECIPES. tried and true.

Thanks

st_allie, Mar 24, 8:12pm
I know you said you don't want to roast it, however this is a favourite of my family so thought I'd pop it up anyway. . just in case someone else fancies giving it a go. .

how many are you feeding? 1. 3 kilo chook won't go round my family unless I bone it out, stuff it . . then roast it.

stuffing can be layered on ham slices. . cook a little rice and add some cooked mushrooms a bit of sundried tomato. . a bit of soft cheese or a knob of butter, season with fresh herbs ( or dried) to taste. fill cavity, seal with skewers or toothpicks, dust with seasoned flour ( or dust with a maggi onion soup mix) place cut side down in an oven bag and roast as usual. Allow to cool for a bit before slicing. . the slices hold together wellfor plating.

fifie, Dec 2, 12:52am
A few crockpot ones here for you to choose from, http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=10&t=199Alison And Simon Holsts Paparika Chicken is lovely and moist done in crockpot.

Rub a whole chicken with a little oil. Mix 1Tablesp curry powder, 1Tabesp paprika, 1Tablesp flour, 1teasp oregano, 1teasp thyme, 1teasp celery. together.
Rub the pre mixed rub all over the oiled chicken, Put some fresh herbs if you have them in cavity. Place a up turned saucer in bottom of the crockpot to sit the chicken on, this keeps it off the bottom. Cook 3 hours on high then 2 - 3 hours on low.
Make a gravy on the stove with the left over juices.