Pork rib marinade

rodg.sue, Jul 3, 2:25am
Does anybody have an easy yummy marinade for ribs? Bought some yest and havent had them for years so looking forward to it but want a nice flavour TIA

mkbooks, Jul 3, 7:35am
Chinese friend's
2 Tbsp soya sauce; 2 Tbsp sherry2 Tsp sugar1 big Tbsp Hoi Sin sauce1 tsp chopped garlic1 tsp finely grated ginger.Mix well together, marinate chops about 1 hour each side, then grill/ BBQ

Sometimes I cheat + just use Hoi Sin sauce

roys351, Jul 3, 8:44am
buy a bottle of watties barbaque sauce add some oil and sesame seeds or just try soya sause, honey, oil and garlic but what cause with the hone it can burn

tigerlilly16, Jul 4, 3:42am
I use a basic combination of tomato sauce and soy sauce, a good glug of each and a dribble of oil mixed together then spread over ribs, which I then bake on a high heat for about 20 mins or grill till browned on top, then cover with foil after adding about 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the pan and bake on low heat for a couple of hours - the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
To the basic marinade, I have at various times added: Worchester sauce, barbeque sauce, honey, maple syryp, mustard. The last lot I did was the basic marinade with addition of a teaspoon of hot english mustard, it was delicious and I will do that one next time too.

tracyd27, Jul 4, 4:18am
I stole my mum's recipe when I moved out and still use it and Mr10 LOVES it when we have 'bones' (Spare ribs)

*2Tbs each of Brown Sugar. Tomato Sauce, Soy Sauce
*142ml Stock (either vegetable or chicken.. I use chicken)
*6Tbs Malt Vinegar
*1tsp each of Ground Finger, Mustard
*1/4tsp Ground black pepper
*1/2tsp Minced Garlic
*1 Finally grated onion
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, Pour over spare ribs and cook uncovered at 200 for 1 1/2hours
Turn ribs occasionally

aurora5, Jul 4, 4:22am
Ouch!Isn't ground finger a bit hard to do?

tracyd27, Jul 4, 11:49pm
LOL oops didn't notice that... normally its grated finger... but really in case you didn't guess i meant
Ground Ginger

cookessentials, Jul 5, 2:06am
STICKY SPARE RIBS WITH ORANGE CHILLI GLAZE.

300g finecut orange marmalade
325g honey
4tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
freshly squeezed juice of one lime
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1.5 kg spare ribs
extra virgin olive oil
coarse sea salt & a large roasting tin.
Put the marmalade,honet,worcestershire-
suace. soy sauce, lime juice,caynne,ginger,cumin,oreg-
ano and salt into a saucepan and stir well. Cook over a low heat,stirring often until marmalade has melted. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 180C

Brush ribs with oil and arrange in roasting pan with the meaty side up Cook for approx 2 hours, turning the ribs every 30 mins for the first 1.5 hours. After 1.5 hours, baste the ribs with the sauce on both sides and return to the pan, meat side down. Cook for 15 mins, baste generously again, turn the ribs and cook for about 10 mins more.
You can do a shorter cooking time by basting the ribs with half the sauce, cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 200C line roasting dish with foil. Put ribs in the pan, meat side down, sprinkle with salt and cook 30 mins. Add a splash of water to the tin to keep from smoking. Baste the ribs and turn. Cook for 20 mins more. Baste well all over, turn and cook for 5 mins more.