Recipe for sponge fingers and jelly

korbo, May 14, 8:56am
while browsing at a cookbook in a shop the other day(dont know the name), i saw a recipe using Sponge Fingers and a Jelly. I remember you made the jelly with only 300ml of water, then when it was almost ready to set, dipped the whole finger in and then in coconut. I have done that, but feel i have missed something.
Has anyone heard of it. Maybe i didnt let the jelly almost set.

jessie981, May 14, 9:01am
Not sure what you mean but a hint next time you make jelly, add 1tsp citric acid. It brings out the flavour.

lindylambchops1, May 14, 9:12am
Great hint.Thanks will try that.

korbo, May 14, 9:18am
I meant sponge fingers you buy in a packet, not spongethat you use to make lamingtons.
wonder how much water in jelly to make those ones.
do i make sense??

jaybee6, May 14, 9:31am
Ingredients

1 pack Sponge Fingers 250g
1 x 85g pkt Raspberry Jelly Crystals
1 X 85g Pkt Lime Jelly crystals
4 cups Desiccated Coconut
Red and green food colour

Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time:-
Pre Heat: -
Serves: 18

Directions
1. Place the jelly crystals in separate bowls and dissolve the crystals in 250mls of boiling water. Allow to cool to egg white consistency.
2. Whilst jelly is cooling place 2 cups of desiccated coconut into 2 plastic freezer bags. Add 4 drops of food colour to each bag and tie to enclose coconut.
3. Gently rub the coconut to incorporate the food colour and the coconut.
4. Dip the sponge fingers into the jelly mixture to coat completely then roll in the correct colour coconut. Place on a wire rack to set.
5. Allow to set 1 hour prior to serving.

korbo, May 14, 9:40am
awee, thank you so much. yes i have made jelly with too much water. oh well, i have put them in fridge to see if they set a bit, otherwise guess make up another jelly tomorrow and make a trifle.
jaybee, can I ask what book it was in. that is the recipe....

korbo, May 15, 9:18am
I meant sponge fingers you buy in a packet, not spongethat you use to make lamingtons.
wonder how much water in jelly to make those ones.
do i make sense!

korbo, May 15, 9:40am
awee, thank you so much. yes i have made jelly with too much water. oh well, i have put them in fridge to see if they set a bit, otherwise guess make up another jelly tomorrow and make a trifle.
jaybee, can I ask what book it was in. that is the recipe.