Good Blueberry Muffin Recipe....

bigsexymack, May 12, 10:01am
Hi everyone,
Well l really need some trademe help, for some reason l put my hands up to do some baking for a meeting every week for the next 5 weeks.
I have just tried a batch of mixed berry and cottage cheese muffins but l found the mix was quite wet and the muffins stuck to the side of the papers.
Does anyone have any nice failproof recipes for blueberry muffins that l could replace with mixed berries.

Thanks in advance

jessie981, May 12, 8:00pm
Seems to differ if blueberries are fresh or frozen. Go into the lefthand message board & put blueberry muffins under keyword. Under date posted put anytime. There are recipes there. Good luck. Will post my Choc Caramel recipe as these are delicious & always go down well.

1&3/4c flour, 1tsp b/soda, 1c sugar, 1/4c cocoa. Melt 100gr butter. Remove from heat & whisk in 1 egg, 1c milk & tsp vanilla essence. Add to dry ingredients. Mix gently. Spoon 1/2 of mixture into muffin tins. Add heaped tsp (or more) of caramel condensed milk & put remaiing mixture on top. Bake 15 mins @ 220. Makes 12.

pam.delilah, May 12, 8:14pm
try one of this. And remember do not over mix, mix until just combined

OLD-FASHIONED BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
1 cup milk, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 large eggs, 2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar , 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/3 cups fresh blueberries or frozen, unthawed. Preheat oven at 400 f degrees. Line 12 2/3-cup muffin cups with paper liners. Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan.
Stir over medium heat until butter melts. Cool until mixture is warm to touch. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add milk mixture and stir just until blended. Fold in blueberries. Divide batter equally among prepared cups. Bake until golden and tester inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove muffins from cups while hot. Transfer muffins on a rack to cool.

Blueberry Muffins jo segar

Ingredients

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup Chelsea Caster Sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups blueberries
Chelsea Icing Sugar to dust

Method

Preheat oven to 200°C
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until just combined and moistened. Don’t over mix or the muffins will be tough and not rise evenly.

Spoon into well greased deep muffin tins. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar to serve.

Note: Blueberries can be fresh or if using frozen, use them straight from the freezer. No need to thaw. Canned blueberries need to be well drained.

Makes 12 muffins

chris313, May 12, 8:52pm
I've had most success with the Edmonds Cook Book muffins. I don't use paper cases because they do stick.

chris313, May 13, 8:52pm
I've had most success with the Edmonds Cook Book muffins. I don't use paper cases because they do stick.

korbo, May 14, 9:15am
can you not spray the paper cups first