Chocolate chip biscuit recipe

Page 1 / 2
jaydn2010, Mar 22, 2:31am
I just want a plain yummy choc chip biscuit recipe, google is just not doing it for me. I have the basics (choc chips, flour, sugar etc) not stuff like condensed milk etc. Thanks HEAPS! :)

cookessentials, Mar 22, 2:42am
http://www.chelsea.co.nz/recipes/search.aspx?keywords=chocolate+chip

That should give you some options. Personally, i make the tollhouse cookies, recipe is at home though.

wildflower, Mar 22, 2:42am
Type it in to the search recipes box at the left, should be plenty of choices.

bisloy, Mar 22, 3:14am
Cream 300g butter with 1c each of white and brown sugar. Beat in 2 eggs and 1t vanilla. Sift together and add 4c self-raising flour and 1t baking soda. Lastly add 3 cups chocolate chips/drops milk/dark/white or a combination of all. Put golfball-sized blobs on lined trays and bake at 160C until pale golden. Cool on the tray then transfer to a rack. Using buttons, you end up with a biscuit similar to a cookie time.
Don't be tempted to cook longer, as they still look soft and a bit under-cooked, or you end up with a rock biscuit.
These are always very popular and are to-die-for whent hey are hot!

rainrain1, Mar 22, 3:14am
This is the best recipe I've ever used.

250gr butter
1/2 tin cond milk
1+1/2tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup choc chips(more or less)
cream butter and sugar, add cond milk and beat again.Add sifted dry ingredients. Roll and flatten with fork. Makes 2 traysDon't make too big.
Mod oven

ribzuba, Mar 22, 3:30am
165g flour
185g brown sugar
1 egg
125g butter
225g chocolate chips
1/4tsp baking soda
cream sugar and butter.add egg, beat till combined.stir in flour, chocolate and bs.bake until just matte at 180deg

rainrain1, Mar 22, 3:45am
Choc Chip Biscuits (no cond milk)
1/4lb butter
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 ozs sugar
5ozs flour
1 tsp golden syrup
1/2 cup choc chips
Cream butter and sugar, add rest of ingred adding more flour if necessary
Bake 175dC....12 to 15min

stjimmy, Mar 22, 8:21am
125gm butter or spread, 3/4 cup sugar (any colour and type), 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract - microwave till melted and mix well.Cool then mix one whole egg into the mixture.Sift 2 cups normal flour with 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup chocolate drops and 1 tsp baking powder then mix it with the wet ingredients.Cool for about 5 mins then shape how you like.Cook for 8-10 mins at 180 or until crisp to your liking - I like my cookies soft so cook them for less time.

gardie, Mar 22, 5:53pm
Our family favourites:(Based on an old edmonds recipe that I adapted).

125grams butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar, add the egg.Then add flour and BP and chocolate chips.I do this in all the electric mixer.Put spoonfulls onto tray, press gently with a fork.Cook 150 for 20 mins.(I prefer lower longer cooking for crispier biscuits).Freeze well.

Yesterday I used white chocolate buttons and cranberries.You can also turn these into peanut brownies by adding 1 tbsp cocoa and 1 cup peanuts instead of the chocolate chips.

rainrain1, Mar 22, 7:21pm
oops!recipe #7 should read BROWN sugar

kinna54, Mar 23, 2:27am
Edmonds vanilla biscuit recipe. an oldie but a goodie, still the best around. Great for any basic bisc. replace sultanas with choc chips.

Vanilla Biscuits

125g butter
125g sugar
Vanilla essence (few drops)
1 egg
225g flour
1tsp baking powder
50g sultanas ( replace with choc chips if desired)

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence together, add egg, then mix in dry ingredients.
Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls.
Put onto greased trays and flatten with a fork .
tip, I flatten biscuits using a rounded bottom glass, lightly dusted in flour. It makes the biscuits a more even shape: no cracked edges.}

Bake 15-20 mins at 190 deg C.

cookessentials, Mar 23, 2:42am
http://www.chelsea.co.nz/recipes/search.aspx!keywords=chocolate+chip

That should give you some options. Personally, i make the tollhouse cookies, recipe is at home though.

bisloy, Mar 23, 3:14am
Cream 300g butter with 1c each of white and brown sugar. Beat in 2 eggs and 1t vanilla. Sift together and add 4c self-raising flour and 1t baking soda. Lastly add 3 cups chocolate chips/drops milk/dark/white or a combination of all. Put golfball-sized blobs on lined trays and bake at 160C until pale golden. Cool on the tray then transfer to a rack. Using buttons, you end up with a biscuit similar to a cookie time.
Don't be tempted to cook longer, as they still look soft and a bit under-cooked, or you end up with a rock biscuit.
These are always very popular and are to-die-for whent hey are hot!

rainrain1, Mar 23, 3:14am
This is the best recipe I've ever used.

250gr butter
1/2 tin cond milk
1+1/2tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup choc chips(more or less)
cream butter and sugar, add cond milk and beat again.Add sifted dry ingredients. Roll and flatten with fork. Makes 2 traysDon't make too big.
Mod oven

rainrain1, Mar 23, 3:45am
Choc Chip Biscuits (no cond milk)
1/4lb butter
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 ozs sugar
5ozs flour
1 tsp golden syrup
1/2 cup choc chips
Cream butter and sugar, add rest of ingred adding more flour if necessary
Bake 175dC.12 to 15min

wron, Mar 23, 4:09am
rainrain, mod. oven = ? 180?for the best mix. Also about how long in the oven? Thanks (husband - assistant cook)

rainrain1, Mar 23, 4:15am
yea 180-185 depends on your oven....time prob 10-15, but keep an eye on them, as you don't want them to burn, neither do you want them too soft.

If you get your timing right, write it down so you will know next time
Obviously I haven't :-)

wron, Mar 24, 4:09am
rainrain, mod. oven = ! 180!for the best mix. Also about how long in the oven! Thanks (husband - assistant cook)

rainrain1, Mar 24, 4:15am
yea 180-185 depends on your oven.time prob 10-15, but keep an eye on them, as you don't want them to burn, neither do you want them too soft.

If you get your timing right, write it down so you will know next time
Obviously I haven't :-)
A great recipe doubled, halved, and choc in one half, sultanas in the other.4 trays

bev00, Mar 22, 10:41am
so many varieties

loving_mum_of_2, Mar 22, 11:24am
this is an awesome recipe site thanks so much I might have a weekend baking with my boys. they all sound so good though. But my 4 year old loves baking so he will be so excited. Thanks so much

blueviking, Apr 4, 7:45am
Apparently this guy asked for the recipe and was charged $150 odd dollars on his bill for it, so he forwarded it on. Nieman-Marcus Cookies.
2 cups butter, 680g chocolate chips, 4 cups flour, 2 cups brown sugar, 2 tsp bicarb soda, 1 tsp salt, 2 cups sugar, 1 x 500g chocolate bar, 5 cups blended oatmeal, 4 eggs, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp vanilla, 3 cups chopped nuts(optional).measure oatmeal and blend to a fine powder. cream the butter and both sugars. add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and bicarb soda. add chocolate chips, chocolate and nuts. Roll into balls and place 50mm apart on a flat tray. Bake for 10min at 180degrees. This recipe makes 112 cookies,(small) so half if needed.i did this recipe and they were divine.

nevada9, Apr 4, 8:15am
apparently recipes with brown sugar in them make them chewy like the subway cookies - mmm yum

nadineb, Apr 4, 9:20am
Choc Chippies

150 Gram butter
1/2 cup choc chips
1 egg
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Crean butter and sugar add egg and choc ships and vanilla essence.Add flour and BP mix roll into balls
and squash and bake at 160 degrees for 15 minutes
If you use baking soda instead it makes biscuits crispier and BP softer

bridget107, Apr 6, 11:15am