Romantic seafood dinner can you help??

char87, Mar 16, 6:48am
Yay my hubby and i finally get a weekend without our five boys!!!! Thought id make saturday night special and treat my darling to a seafood bonanza haha
So now im needing recipes for a full seafood meal that go together. I dont like seafood but this is all about my man. The seafood he LOVES are oysters mussels kina crayfish and scallops. Does anybody have some nice recipes for these that will all go together? Thinking of making creamy wine mussels. Would like to make dishes for all of these and put them in medium bowls on a platter or something like that. And should i do a desert for after? Thank you.

buzzy110, Mar 16, 7:12am
Raw oyster in the shell served on a platter of ice with wedges of lemon. Some people like a chilli sauce or something similar but oysters, lemon, salt, pepper and sparkling wine are a good starter.

I'd have my mussels steamed open and served in the half shell with a simple vinaigrette dressing with finely chopped red onion or spring onion and skinned, deseeded tomato with salt and pepper.

Kina is best left alone. Just eat it as it comes. No further flavouring needed but that is just my opinion as I usually eat them fresh on the boat after a dive. Serve them in a bowl with the oysters.

buzzy110, Mar 16, 7:14am
You could use this recipe for both the scallops and crayfish. I got this out of the Herald one year and have been using it off and on ever since. Most people quite like it.

CORIANDER SEAFOOD SAUCE

500gms Pumpkin seeds
Large handful (about 25g) Coriander Leaves
150ml Sunflower Oil
Juice of 1 Lime
2 Shallots, Chopped
7g Parmesan, freshly grated
Salt & Pepper
Optional 1 hot green chilli chopped
(Any or All) 2 cloves garlic
Fresh ginger

METHOD
Stick all ingredients into a blender and blend.(Note:I don’t tend to measure anything)

METHODS OF USE
• Par fry/cook scallops/fish fillets/prawns then put into dish, cover with sauce and finish cooking by placing under grill
• Par fry/cook scallops/fish/prawns then add sauce to pan and stir through till finished cooking
• Could be used to stuff chicken breasts or used on chicken same as two methods above.

darlingmole, Mar 16, 7:24am
my mum would make a very mild curry cheese sauce and merely warm scallops in this and serve back in the scallop shell (scallop mornay!)
oysters she would serve on a bed of crisp lettuce with homemade seafood sauce (mayo/lemon juice/dash of worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce and some whipped cream - pinch of salt and pepper .... hope my Mum doesn't mind me sharing!)
Garlic prawns on a bed of rice is lovely (you could make it Thai by adding some lemon grass and coconut milk)
Your lucky LUCKY! man eh!

darlingmole, Mar 16, 7:26am
ps: in my opinion:if a man becomes too full from your awesome efforts (and yes he'll appreciate it for sure) he will probably go to sleep so kiss goodbye the romance thereafter! haha!

char87, Mar 16, 4:57pm
haha darlingmole you are sooo right. He works such long hours for us though that i dont think i will mind if i can spoil his stomach and leave him to sleep he deserves it. Thank you people for some ideas i know now what im going to do.

jimminette, Mar 16, 6:40pm
Just make sure that this time next year it's not 6 boys!

dilligas, Mar 16, 7:54pm
Shrimp cocktail on a lettuce bed as a starter then a fishermans basket for main. The kina is no good for the basket as it is all deep fried with chips/wedges and do fresh cut lemon wedges as an added extra ............ can put little dishes of tartare sauce, sour cream etc depending on taste ......

buzzy110, Mar 17, 7:12am
Raw oyster in the shell served on a platter of ice with wedges of lemon. Some people like a chilli sauce or something similar but oysters, lemon, salt, pepper and sparkling wine are a good starter.

I'd have my mussels steamed open and served in the half shell with a simple vinaigrette dressing with finely chopped red onion or spring onion and skinned, deseeded tomato with salt and pepper.

Kina is best left alone. Just eat it as it comes. No further flavouring needed but that is just my opinion as I usually eat them fresh on the boat after a dive. Serve them in a bowl with the oysters.

darlingmole, Mar 17, 7:24am
my mum would make a very mild curry cheese sauce and merely warm scallops in this and serve back in the scallop shell (scallop mornay!)
oysters she would serve on a bed of crisp lettuce with homemade seafood sauce (mayo/lemon juice/dash of worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce and some whipped cream - pinch of salt and pepper . hope my Mum doesn't mind me sharing!)
Garlic prawns on a bed of rice is lovely (you could make it Thai by adding some lemon grass and coconut milk)
Your lucky LUCKY! man eh!

darlingmole, Mar 17, 7:26am
ps: in my opinion:if a man becomes too full from your awesome efforts (and yes he'll appreciate it for sure) he will probably go to sleep so kiss goodbye the romance thereafter! haha!

char87, Mar 17, 8:34am
haha there is no chance of turning our family to 6 lol. 5 is more than enough i'll wait for the grandkids (you can give them back)

jimminette, Mar 17, 6:40pm
Just make sure that this time next year it's not 6 boys!

dilligas, Mar 17, 7:54pm
Shrimp cocktail on a lettuce bed as a starter then a fishermans basket for main. The kina is no good for the basket as it is all deep fried with chips/wedges and do fresh cut lemon wedges as an added extra . can put little dishes of tartare sauce, sour cream etc depending on taste .