Goats Milk?

Page 2 / 2
deus701, Mar 11, 7:27am
Im not sure about this but wasn't there a government programme or subsidy providing young children with goats milk! My younger cousin had that and she grew up with healthier complexion, stronger bones.generally better health than her own siblings.

k1andb2, Mar 11, 8:13pm
Well, no1 noticed the difference, at least they havn't commented on it. Hubby even had it on his cereal and didn't seem to notice the difference.Even I tried a small amount in a glass (and I dont drink cows milk, never have even as a child) and it wasn't too bad, definately didn't smell or taste of goat. Plus it's cheap - $1.50 per litre, though only last 3-4 days.The farmer also makes goats milk feta which he sells for $4 per 100g, which he gave me some to try and was really yummy too.Think we may be converted to goats milk without anyone else in the family knowing hehehehe.

purplegoanna, Mar 11, 8:20pm
well done you, i dont drink milk either & would have to persuade 'him indoors' using your cunning wiley ways too.

kamitchell, Mar 11, 8:53pm
We have two goats we milk for the house and we love it.$1.50 a litre is cheap too! I would keep on to this source if you can.Our main focus to have goats milk was for our kids excema & asthma, the excema cleared up within 2 weeks & ,my boy who has asthma has only used his inhaler twice in this whole time!Huge benefits!

herika, Mar 12, 3:11am
How did you get on - did they notice???

k1andb2, Mar 12, 4:45am
Herika - see what I replied yesterday.However since then I asked hubby if he noticed anything different about the milk, he said no, so then I told him it was goats milk he been having, he then said he thought it did taste different and he doesn't like it. Men ah? hahahaha

herika, Mar 13, 3:11am
How did you get on - did they notice!

k1andb2, Mar 13, 4:45am
Herika - see what I replied yesterday.However since then I asked hubby if he noticed anything different about the milk, he said no, so then I told him it was goats milk he been having, he then said he thought it did taste different and he doesn't like it. Men ah! hahahaha

herika, Mar 14, 6:46am
Hi, yes, I see your post now...tell hubby to keep perservering with the milk, it took me a little while to get used to it but now I wouldnt have anything else, except cream (in my coffee) and the health benefits are worth considering.

herika, Mar 15, 6:46am
Hi, yes, I see your post now.tell hubby to keep perservering with the milk, it took me a little while to get used to it but now I wouldnt have anything else, except cream (in my coffee) and the health benefits are worth considering.

ethans, Mar 18, 8:25am
i had to change my kids over to goats milk. I got it fresh and freezed it to keep it fresh and took it out as I needed it. One thing to be aware of is that Fresh goats milk does not have a lot of iron in it and I had to give the kids a supplement. My kids were allergic to most dairy products. cheers