Pasturising milk

laser51, Jul 29, 8:09pm
Can anyone tell me what the correct temp is to do this
Thanks

lenart, Jul 29, 8:31pm
71.7 °Cfor 15–20 seconds.

laser51, Jul 29, 8:51pm
Wow thanks for that, I have been freezing milk from our cow andthe book I have says 85deg thought it seemed a bit high and the milk seperates when thawing. no more problem hopefully

pettal, Jul 29, 8:58pm
of course it will seperate if the milk hasnt beenhomoéd ..

lx4000, Jul 29, 9:51pm
because cream is heavier than milk:) Just shake it up.

Ohhhh back to the days of the cream on top!!

laser51, Jul 29, 10:01pm
Thanks for the feedback I have been taking most of the cream off and using it to make butter, but the skim milk is seperating when I thaw it looks like whey at the top and slightly curdled milk down the bottom but does mix back together when givin a good shake and tastes like normal milk, never had it happen before but then never pasturised before freezing

lx4000, Jul 29, 10:09pm
just shake it up before using! Your lucky having that milk!

laser51, Jul 29, 10:18pm
Yes i agree we have a house cow which we milk and she provides us with all the milk,cream, butter and marg, we need for most of the year brilliant. only problem is the freezer space required to store it all.

pickles7, Jul 29, 10:23pm
Marg???

laser51, Jul 30, 1:28am
Yes I make a margarine out of the butter from a recipe I got from here using oil and water

buzzy110, Jul 30, 2:56am
Why in the world would you pasteurise raw milk? The whole point of raw milk is that the lactase enzyme is still present. Lactase is the enzyme that helps you to actually digest the lactose in milk. It is the single most important part of the milk and it is the one thing that pasteurising destroys.

Pasteurising is the reason many many people are become dairy intolerant because their own enzyme producers - the vili in the small intestine - just cannot produce enough of the enzyme.

hestia, Jul 30, 4:12am
There is no lactase in raw milk. Pasteurisation of milk does not cause dairy intolerance.

pettal, Jul 30, 8:58pm
of course it will seperate if the milk hasnt beenhomoéd .

lx4000, Jul 30, 9:51pm
because cream is heavier than milk:) Just shake it up.

Ohhhh back to the days of the cream on top!

pickles7, Jul 30, 10:23pm
Marg!

buzzy110, Jul 31, 2:56am
Why in the world would you pasteurise raw milk! The whole point of raw milk is that the lactase enzyme is still present. Lactase is the enzyme that helps you to actually digest the lactose in milk. It is the single most important part of the milk and it is the one thing that pasteurising destroys.

Pasteurising is the reason many many people are become dairy intolerant because their own enzyme producers - the vili in the small intestine - just cannot produce enough of the enzyme.