tomatoe chutney

twinklestar2, Mar 9, 5:28am
can some1 pls give me a recipie for this? i have got heaps of tomatoe plants and would love to have a go at this

vinee, Mar 9, 5:33am
**pssst - no 'e' in tomato. **

lindylambchops1, Mar 9, 6:02am
only an 'e' when it is plural ;)as in tomatoes! Most chutney recipes state green tomatoes. I want a tomato chutney recipe using red tomatoes please anyone. I have made two lots of tomato sauce, so want some other recipes to use my abundant tomato harvest.

winnie231, Mar 9, 7:09am
Have a look at the following link ... there are all kinds of chutneys there including several tomato ones:

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=26&t=567

korbo, Mar 9, 8:44am
do you mean chutney or relish. the edmonds book has some.

jenniemc1, Mar 9, 9:30am
Chunky Tomato Relish
2kgs Toms;500gms Sugar;2TBSPN Common Salt (Sea) 4 large Onions;1tspn Curry Pdr;1& 1/2tspn Mustard;12 fluid Oz Vinegar (1/2 -3/4 Pint)
Nicer if you skin toms by putting in Boiling Water for couple minutes & skin will crack & slide off easily cut chunky and chop Onions . Boil 1 hour Thicken with 2 TBSPN Cornflour mixed well with water to make a paste. Hint always use common salt for making pickles (not got Iodine ). Enjoy.

korbo, Mar 9, 5:14pm
yep, this is the recipe i use, sometimes make it with white vinegar it is really tasty... . you cant go wrong.

keysie, Mar 9, 6:04pm
Can you share your tomato sauce recipe please. TIA

winnie231, Mar 9, 9:57pm
Yes I did korbo - looked good ... taste test won't happen for a while yet as I leave my preserves to mature.
Making a Mediterranean inspired chutney tomorrow as my neighbour is growing aubergine as well as peppers & she has given me more of both. Lucky me!

snapit, Mar 10, 9:48pm
This wonderful thread has been created by members of the Trademe recipe forum and stack of --thought it was so wonderful she would hijack it.
You are most welcome to come and visit us at Trademe Community Recipe forum
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Threads. aspx
? topic=13
for other wonderful threads, and, if you are quick you will get them a minute or so before they are transferred to the stack site.

snapit, Oct 19, 6:07pm
Tomato & capsicum relish
4 peppers,
500g tomatoes,
4 onions,
2tbsp salt,
1/4tbsp turmeric,
2cups white vinegar,
11/2 cups sugar,
1 tbsp mustard seed,
2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp paprika

chop vegtables and sprinkle with salt, stand for 1 hour then drain well in colander.
Mix flour , turmeric and paprika with a little of the vinegar and set aside for later
Bring to the boil the remaining vinegar, seeds and sugar.
Add the drained vegetables and return to the boil for about 10 minutes then add the flour mixture to thicken and cook a further 5 minutes
Bottleas above but I would use bigger jars for this, jam jar size