Help with Pumpkin soup please

Page 2 / 2
ant_sonja, Mar 9, 2:21am
I chop & steam the pumpkin first and set aside. Then I sauté a big chopped onion, some garlic, chilli and orange zest in a bit of butter in a large pot until the onion turns translucent. I add he pumpkin, and top it up with enough fresh chicken or veggie stock to just cover it . Bring to a boil then simmer and blend. Season with salt & pepper as well as the juice from one orange. Add a dollop of cream & freshly chopped herbs when ready to serve. that's my basic recipe and is easily adapted to add the herbs/seasonings of your choice :-)

Edited to say: A little curry powder goes well in this recipe also.

kbrough, Mar 9, 2:37am
Try adding a few tablespoons of peanut butter before blending, lite coconut milk also adds a nice flavor.

delate, Mar 9, 6:39am
Mines simple, boil pumpkin, blend in cream and add heaps of parsley! Yum!

waswoods, Mar 9, 9:19am
Have to agree that PG's recipe is the best!

coreblimey, Mar 9, 10:08am
I like to saute the onion, carrot and celery then I add the pumpkin raw with some chicken stock.At this stage I add 1 medium size potato to thicken it up. I also like a wee bit of curry and also a friend suggested to add a cup of orange juice in the last 5 minutes.That worked out really well, delicious.Pumpkin soup is definitely one of my favourites.I use the stick blender, it's the only soup I make that I like to be smooooooth!

purplegoanna, Mar 9, 9:24pm
awww try my recipe next time.its the bestest, roasting the pumpkin and the garlic caramelizes the flavours and just makes it that lil bit tastier.and ive got a mean leek & potato too.

waswoods, Mar 10, 9:19am
Have to agree that PG's recipe is the best!

tarshlove, Mar 11, 12:07am
I know I know! I did say that In my post.

guest, Mar 19, 2:47am
PG's recipe for pumpkin can someone tell me where to find it

seniorbones, Mar 19, 8:25pm
where is the recipe?

seniorbones, Mar 20, 8:25pm
where is the recipe!