??CHCH COOKBOOK -> BEEF/LAMB/PORK RECIPES??

fastlanenz, Mar 6, 8:28am
Hi there, do you have an original and popular beef, pork or lamb recipe shared on this MB? If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in our upcoming TM Recipe Book to fundraise for assistance to those in Christchurch?

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe ... the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself ... and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book ....

Thanks in advance for your support, Pat (pixiegirl) & Andrea (fastlanenz)

fastlanenz, Mar 7, 8:28am
Hi there, do you have an original and popular beef, pork or lamb recipe shared on this MB! If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in our upcoming TM Recipe Book to fundraise for assistance to those in Christchurch!

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe . the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself . and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book .

Thanks in advance for your support, Pat (pixiegirl) & Andrea (fastlanenz)

beaker59, Mar 21, 12:12am
My Mother used to do this and it was a family favourite. Years later a much older cousin came to visit and I cooked it for her she told us that this was cooked just the same by our grandmother who died before I was born (1959) and she learnt it from her mother it is basic but obviously a very old pioneer recipe from a time when Mutton was the staple cheap meat. Can also be done with any other chops etc. I you see fit please feel free to add to your book.

Lay mutton chops (trim excess fat though some is good) in a roasting dish layer over with sliced onions and tomatoes chopped sage and rosemary then sprinkle over a couple of handfuls of breadcrumbs and some grated cheese season with salt and lots of pepper. bake in oven for a couple of hours at a moderate temp.

pixiegirl, Mar 21, 1:28am
Thanks beaker - do you have a name for this recipe?

beaker59, Mar 21, 5:28am
We used to just call it baked Chops but you could give it a name like 'Pioneer chops" or something. as that part of the family are among the first European settlers in the Manawatu district and before that Australia these were real Pioneer women.

motorbo, Mar 21, 6:48am
my mums irish stew, i dont have quantities though, use lamb neck chops, brown in large pot with a wee bit of oil, add around a tablespoon of curry powder, then maybe 2 cups of water and a good handful of sultanas, chopped carrots......cook then reduce and thicken, but you can add other vege too

pixiegirl, Mar 22, 1:28am
Thanks beaker - do you have a name for this recipe!

beaker59, Mar 22, 5:28am
We used to just call it baked Chops but you could give it a name like 'Pioneer chops" or something. as that part of the family are among the first European settlers in the Manawatu district and before that Australia these were real Pioneer women.

motorbo, Mar 22, 6:48am
my mums irish stew, i dont have quantities though, use lamb neck chops, brown in large pot with a wee bit of oil, add around a tablespoon of curry powder, then maybe 2 cups of water and a good handful of sultanas, chopped carrots.cook then reduce and thicken, but you can add other vege too