Baking for christchurch

Page 2 / 2
winnie231, Feb 28, 3:48am
It's not surprising that the 2 posters who don't 'get it' aren't from Christchurch!
Yes cash is needed ... and ALOT of it will be needed ... no question there ...but unless you have experienced the trauma I and my fellow Cantabs are currently going through, you will never understand how much something as simple as some home baking makes to us at the moment!
I'm going back to Chch at the end of this week to, amongst other things, attend funerals ... and I will eat cake - and appreciate that someone baked a little love into what I'm eating ... which will bring comfort like no words or money can do at present.

korbo, Feb 28, 9:30am
oh winnie, you are right, someone has made a cake foryou and others, with loving thoughts and time....
I am sending down 2 large sultana cakes from here to redwood, to a friend, who says....to me this morning after reading your first post....
where o where is our comfort food from Maza...???
they know me well huh.....a fruit cake is full of smiles.......
money belongs in an envelope for later.......

elliehen, Feb 28, 10:34am
ribzuba, your presence is requested in the scroll thread for the recipe for your Caramel Scrolls.Please :)

samanya, Mar 1, 1:18am
Well said winnie.

indy95, Mar 1, 5:06am
Exactly.

greerg, Mar 2, 9:23am
I second thatWinnie - the kindness of strangers is providing huge strength to Christchurch right now.The money is fantastic but the knowledge that people care is amazing.I felt quite tearful today when a group of Australian policemen staying on our campus asked me how I was doing - I'm fine but they are doing so much and are probably exhausted and they still bothered to ask.

korbo, Mar 2, 7:32pm
winnie and others.
I have sent down to CH'Ch 4 large fruit cakes with a box full of donated packets of biscuits to a friend who will distribute them to those in need.
I know they will enjoy every little morsel.......

pats3, Mar 2, 8:49pm
I work for one of the services helping in this hideous disaster. The home baking is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED I can tell you. So thank you to everyone who has taken the time to do the banking - you are wonderful people.

seniorbones, Mar 2, 9:16pm
x1
Where do we send the baking to? is there an address..also I have donated in nearly every box I see, supermarket - post office - mitre10, also internet banking and directly to the red cross so I havent restricted it to money and I know that is the #1 priority but I love to bake too and I agree home baking just warms the heart and not just adults kids too love comfort food like cakes and biscuits, also look at the volunteers in the background on tv interviews - all queuing up for something to eat. whats the saying ' feed the soul and somthing about the mind' cant remember lol...perhaps I need something to eat!!

seniorbones, Mar 2, 9:17pm
oh..forget the request for the address I have just seen the link at the top. I definately need something to eat!!

pats3, Mar 2, 10:15pm
If you are passing either Papanui, Hornby or Sydenham Police Stations, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

greerg, Mar 3, 9:23am
I second thatWinnie - the kindness of strangers is providing huge strength to Christchurch right now.The money is fantastic but the knowledge that people care is amazing.I felt quite tearful today when a group of Australian policemen staying on our campus asked me how I was doing - I'm fine but they are doing so much and are probably exhausted and they still bothered to ask.

korbo, Mar 3, 7:32pm
winnie and others.
I have sent down to CH'Ch 4 large fruit cakes with a box full of donated packets of biscuits to a friend who will distribute them to those in need.
I know they will enjoy every little morsel.

seniorbones, Mar 3, 9:16pm
Where do we send the baking to! is there an address.also I have donated in nearly every box I see, supermarket - post office - mitre10, also internet banking and directly to the red cross so I havent restricted it to money and I know that is the #1 priority but I love to bake too and I agree home baking just warms the heart and not just adults kids too love comfort food like cakes and biscuits, also look at the volunteers in the background on tv interviews - all queuing up for something to eat. whats the saying ' feed the soul and somthing about the mind' cant remember lol.perhaps I need something to eat!

seniorbones, Mar 3, 9:17pm
oh.forget the request for the address I have just seen the link at the top. I definately need something to eat!

pats3, Mar 3, 10:15pm
If you are passing either Papanui, Hornby or Sydenham Police Stations, I'm sure they would appreciate it.