Nachos how to spice them up please..as in hotter

andi.surf, Feb 18, 7:30am
hi, just wanting to spice my nachos up abit. Think you get used to hot as they did used to be abit spicy. cheers

kiwibubbles, Feb 18, 7:38am
what do you make your nachos with? do you use mince or what?
you could buy a tin of chilli beans. COuld add some chopped chilli.....

andi.surf, Feb 18, 7:41am
I usually use mince,onion garlic,chilli sauce, tin of spiced toms splash of diff sauces and nacho packet mix (sorry but is easy tea when you work until 6.30 at night) Cheers

cgvl, Feb 18, 7:43am
tabasco sauce or more chilli. Instead of the tomatoes try using refried beans or find a tin of HOT chilli beans.
I dont like mine too hot but do like them slightly spicy

rkcroft, Feb 18, 7:53am
I use mince, onion, garlic, tin of hot chilli beans, tin of mexican tomatoes, worcesterhire sauce, a little tomato sauce, heaps of tabasco, ground cumin & coriander, smoked paprika and a little fresh chilli.Finish off with heaps of freshly chopped coriander.Best nachoes ever.

tarshlove, Feb 18, 7:59am
tabasco sauce or chilli or Kaitaia FIRE :)

andi.surf, Feb 18, 8:08am
thanks guys, how much tabasco sauce would I start with? Usually use 1kg of mince. Cheers

kinna54, Feb 18, 8:26am
touch of cayenne and chilli usually works. visited a restaurant recently where they had added sweet chili sauce. (I know cause I asked them.) unusual but had a sweeter hot flavour.

tarshlove, Feb 18, 8:27am
Depends I use heaps try two good drops stir in then taste :o)

uli, Feb 18, 8:44am
hotter = more chilli

andi.surf, Feb 18, 4:25pm
so fresh chilli or chilli flakes? Thanks

eliotb, Feb 18, 6:28pm
Make with pork minc instead of beef

uli, Feb 19, 12:45am
Whatever you have handy really - and whatever you like more.

alphaone1, Feb 19, 1:50am
what about wasabi sauce ? yum

taurus2005, Feb 19, 5:20am
Sweet chilli sauce. yum

petal-pickle, Feb 19, 7:08am
I usually use mince, chopped onion, crushed garlic,Old El Paso sachet of chili powder, kidney beans and two tins of tomatoes...when kids are away and I want it hotter I make it with one tin of tomatoes and use nearly a whole jar of Old El Paso medium chunky tomato salsa, has a bit of a kick then!!Don't forget to melt the cheese on top and serve with sour cream and more salsa!!Deeelicious!!

tigerlilly16, Feb 19, 9:06am
I like mine hot and daughter doesn't, so I use Hot chili sauce (as opposed to sweet chilli sauce which I don't like cause it's sweet) and just liberally apply that to the finished plate on top of the sour cream. That way everyone's happy :)

drsr, Feb 19, 9:49am
A slice of jalapeno on each chip works wonders. You can buy them pre-sliced in jars for this purpose.

paul154, Feb 19, 10:00am
Chili powder

fisher, Feb 19, 10:41am
Peri Peri....

36michelle, Feb 20, 12:10am
Yum, I use chopped fresh tomato, sour cream and avocado on the top.

andrea1978, Feb 20, 8:34am
Make up your mince - key ingredients for me are onion, tomatoes, cumin, garlic & some kaitaia fire.When the mince is ready I spread some over corn chips, then spread chilli beans over the mince & sprinkle cheese on top.I then add sour cream (not authentic I know, but I love it) & pour kaitaia fire all over it & have with guacamole & la morena salsa.You could also sprinkle jalapenos over if you want, but it won't be necessary if you use enough kaitaia fire ;).

jandy3, Feb 20, 8:44am
Cayenne pepper will spice them up for you, so have a glass of milk handy to cool the mouth quickly!