Fudge recipe and whats Ya secret??

Page 1 / 2
petal89, Feb 18, 3:28am
Anyone got a yummy easy Fudge recipe and what is your secret to making Fudge?? I have never tempered to make it until now (preggy hormones)
so wouldnt mind trying to give it a go. How do you do your soft ball type of mixture?? TIA

jessie981, Feb 18, 4:11am
Microwave Fudge
500gr icing sugar
1/4c milk
1/3c cocoa
1tsp vanilla essence
100gr butter
Cook on high 3 mins. Remove & stir well. Cook further 3mins. Beat until thick. Pour into a greased container & set in fridge

harrislucinda, Feb 18, 4:24am
ifnomicrowavetrythis1cupsugar1/3cup cocoa1tsp golden syrup
1/4 cupmilk125grmbutterboil3minsaddvanillaess21/2cupsicingsugarbeatputinagreasedtray

robyn35, Feb 18, 5:31am
I dont make it, just buy Finns fudge, it is the best fudge I have tasted, so yummy.We are selling it as a fundraiser at the moment and everyone is raving about it

rainrain1, Feb 18, 5:54am
There's no secret, just do this
Chocolate Fudge
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cocoa
1/2 cup milk
2 Tblsp butter
vanilla ess
Put sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Do not stir after the mixture boils. Boil for 4 minutes exactly. Remove from heat and add a few drops of vanilla. Beat to a stiff paste and turn into a greased plate. Mark into squares when cool.....A tip....test as you beat by plopping a little bit in the dish every so often, do that until you can feel the fudgeness in your mouth, then pour into dish.....good luck with that :-)

You might like to try
Ginger Ice
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 Tblsp golden syrup
50 grams butter
1 tsp gound ginger
Place all ingredients in pot and stir till boiling. Boil 4 minutes (time carefully)Remove from heat and beat till thick. Pour into greased tin, cut while hot.

joybells2, Feb 18, 6:46am
This is easy and always turns out.1/4 cup cocoa, 1 cup sugar, 1tbspn G/Syrup, 1/4 cup milk, 125g butter.Boil all ingredients for 3 minutes, add 2 1/2 cups icing sugar, stir in fast and pour into greased tin.

tarshlove, Feb 18, 6:52am
I used this one in the end as the 1st time i made some form the edmonds cookbook it come out like crap

This is an awesome recipe I sent it to a friend who has always failed at fudge and she even made it work so it's no fail lol

This is a no-beat never-fail recipe, with a secret ingredient...Whittaker's white chocolate.

Bring to boil on medium heat stirring ALL the time:
1 cup brown sugar
125 gm butter (room temp so you're not starting from rock hard)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon golden syrup

Simmer on low for ten minutes, stirring ALL the time all around the pot to prevent little brown bits forming

Remove from heat and quickly stir in till melted 100 gms Whittaker's white chocolate

Pour into 20 cm square tin lined with baking paper

Do not cut until completely cold, for neat edges (the chocolate needs time to set)

Don't eat more than one piece a day!

elliehen (3355 )2:04 pm, Thu 10 Feb #2

duckmoon, Feb 18, 7:14am
russian fudge - recipe from edmonds cookbook,
secret - a candy thermometre - they cost around $12

rainrain1, Feb 18, 7:24am
Nah you don't need a thermometer

duckmoon, Feb 18, 7:26am
I make around 70 batches in a week (before our school fair) and found I had a more consistent result with the thermo...
It has been a good investment

rainrain1, Feb 18, 7:27am
nah

otterhound, Feb 18, 8:06am
Edmonds fudge recipe produces the best fudge ever!It's the only stuff I eat.

angie461, Feb 19, 7:46pm
I think it makes a difference if you use blue milk.Its was trial an error for me, but seem to have it sussed now.

mjlminder, Feb 19, 7:57pm
2 cups of brown sugar
1 tin of condensed milk
150 grams of butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
1 king size block of milky bar chocolate
Put all ingredients in a large bowl except for the milky bar chocolate.Microwave on high for 9 mins stirring every 3 mins. When done remove from microwave and add the broken up pieces of milky bar and mix until melted. Pour into a lined tray and leave to set. This is the best fudge in the world :)

earth_moon, Oct 2, 7:31pm
Hi Guys.
I made this fudge & it does have a great flavour.However, I found that its too soft or gooey to cut.Which is a shame, because I do love the flavour.
I would like to firm it up a bit, but not sure how.I had made some but cannot possibly cut it (too soft), so added some crushed biscuits.And find its still too soft.(still tastes great though lol).Did i do something wrong!
Any ideas on making it firm enough to cut would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.Cheers!

chatsmom, Oct 3, 2:36am
Possibly where you went wrong is that the time can differ depending on where you live i.e. at sea level or up high.
Its better to go by the soft boil stage test - when your fudge temp reaches 116 degrees celcius then test but dropping a small amount of the fudge into cold water. When you get it out it should roll into a soft ball. If it does, its ready!
Though I've just had another thought - what white choc did you use! some of the white chocs are not choc and they may have been the reason.

auntlb, Oct 3, 3:39am
My recipe has
3 c brown sugar
1 tin cond milk
150gms butter
Microwave together for 9 mins - stirring every 3 mins or so
break 1/3 block of Whittakers white choc in to pieces and stir through until chocolate has melted
Pour in to lined tin and cut when nearly set.

(This is similar to above recipe but has a lot more sugar so I wonder if that is what created the problems with fudge setting!)

jed, Oct 3, 3:44am
This is Jo Segars Fabulour Fudge.It is so nice but we only make it at Xmas time as a treat.Meant to last for 6 weeks but it doesn't last that long in my house.LOL

2 x 400 g cans sweetened condensed milk 2 cups firmly packed soft brown sugar 250 g butter 100 ml liquid glucose syrup 3 tbsp golden syrup 400 g white (or milk or dark) chocolate, chopped 1 tsp vanilla Spray and line with non-stick baking paper, a 20 x 30 cm, quite deep (at least 4 cm) tin Place all ingredients, except the chocolate and vanilla, in a large heavy based saucepan stir over medium heat until the butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to boil and boil gently until it becomes very thick and changes colour to a dark caramel brown paper shade – about 6 minutes, to the soft ball stage, 116°C on a sugar thermometer. Stir often to prevent catching on the bottom Remove from heat and stand until the bubbles subside. Stir in the chocolate and vanilla until melted and smooth. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Cool to room temperature (about 3 hours) then refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks

alewis, Oct 3, 3:54am
radishmans fudge use the side bar, the best no fail I have ever made

terraalba, Oct 3, 6:11am
My lateMIL used to make chocolate fudge using a candy thermometre and it turned out melt in your mouth perfect everytime.She went overseas before I could ask her how she made the fudge and what temperature it had to go to before she stopped the cooking process. Does anyone know what to do and when with the candy thermometre. I did buy one but have never used it.

pheebs1, Oct 3, 7:42pm
i do mine in the microwave its fool proof you must beat it with electric beaters for nearly five mins i find whipping all that air into it helps it set
3 cup sugar
200ml condensed milk
125 gm butter
1 tsp vanilla ess
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp golden syrup
pinch salt

bang it in the microwave for 15 mins stop and stir every 3 be very careful taking it out as its super hot and use the largest bowl you can find
beat for 3-5 mins you will feel it start to thicken pour out onto baking paper in a dish makes it easier to get out
makes heaps( this is not my own personal recipe) but its really good

kulkkulbelle, Oct 3, 7:46pm
Sounds amazing!

I'm going to try that one

earth_moon, Oct 5, 9:15am
Hi Chatsmom - apologies for not responding sooner, but have been working weird shifts lately.In answer to your question regarding what kind of white chocolate I used!I used the Whitakers white chocolate.Perhaps I didnt boil it long enough.I was mindful of burning it.I will try again & use a thermometer this time.Thanks for the suggestions :)
Cheers!

tarshlove, Oct 5, 7:40pm
Sorry for not replying. I have made this one heaps of times after using other recipes which were a complete disaster. I've never had this problem with this recipe. I made sure the element was half way round for it. I guess you could use cook it for 2 mins longer! I think I even used choc chips last time (signature range ones)

jed, Oct 5, 9:24pm
Terraalba read my recipe for Jo Segars Fabulour Fudge.It tells you what temp.Although we do make it without a thermometer.Happy fudge making and even if it doesn't turn out you can still eat the mistake :-)