Apricot Fudge Recipe Wanted

julsey, Jul 7, 9:30pm
Hi all - I am after an Fail proof apricot fudge recipe with a lemony type icing. Cheers.

rainrain1, Jul 7, 9:36pm
cooked or uncooked?

rainrain1, Jul 7, 10:02pm
Sorry. I'm thinking of a slice. I guess you mean lolly

julsey, Jul 7, 10:17pm
No an uncooked slice

cosimo, Jul 7, 10:43pm
Do you mean 'fudge' or the apricot slice with a crushed round wine biscuit base?

julsey, Jul 7, 11:42pm
Yes, one with crushed wine biscuits please.

rainrain1, Jul 7, 11:55pm
I have 3 apricot fudge recipes in one of my books.
Here's one. untried by me.
It says to sprinkle with coconut, but you could Ice it with lemon icing, or any flavoured icing.

Dried Apricot Slice

125gr (4 oz) butter
1/2 tin condensed milk
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup minced apricots
1 pkt wine biscuits
Slowly melt butter, condensed milk and sugar
Add apricots and crushed biscuits
Press into slice tin
Set for a day
Sprinkle with coconut

cosimo, Jul 8, 1:07am
That's the same as mine (tried many times, although it's getting hard to find baking apricots now - I have never tried it with the dessert ones that are all plumped up).

I have a similar lemon slice which has a simple lemon icing, which may be fine on the apricot one as well, but I think it would make them too sweet.

rainrain1, Jul 8, 1:14am
I just supposed the recipe means minced dried apricots, that's what I would have used if I'd made it. I have never heard of the term 'baking apricots' Do you mean dried?

245sam, Jul 8, 4:08am
julsey, here's a well tried and tested recipe although I haven't ever iced it.

APRICOT FUDGE CAKE
115g butter
85g brown sugar
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 x 250g packet wine biscuits, crushed
½ cup firmly packed, chopped dried apricots
caster sugar

Heat the butter, brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk just until the butter melts. Remove from the heat and add the biscuits and the apricots. Mix well, then press the mixture into a greased and base-lined 19cm square tin. Allow to set for a few minutes, then sprinkle the top with caster sugar. Set in the refrigerator, then cut into fingers. :-))

kay34, Jul 9, 6:19am
Google Annabel Langbein, ginger and apricot slice, yummy, easy! Or google justamum.co.nz lots of awesome recipes on her page

cosimo, Aug 3, 8:43am
Yes, dried apricots. The only 'dried' apricots I have seen lately in the supermarkets are plumper, not as dry as cooking apricots and are called dessert apricots,