Russian Fudge Recipe?????

sykesie, Apr 12, 8:59am
Can anyone supply a fool proof Russian fudge recipe that sets?!!!! Mine alsways seems to be too soft unless I get lucky with it once in a while but no idea why it went hard that time!!

kiwibubbles, Apr 12, 9:30am
yes i would love a fool proof one that goes hard and is shiny and crystal like when you bite in it. I find those soft ones too sickly

cosby, Apr 12, 9:41am
Edmonds.
Mine is perfect, but you MUST stir it the ENTIRE time.

sykesie, Apr 12, 10:03am
Hmmm. Do the Edmonds one but don't stir it the whole time. And how long to boil it for?? And then beat it for??

winnie15, Apr 12, 10:11am
beat til its glossy ... when your hand feels like its going to drop offLoL!

dollmakernz, Apr 12, 10:31am
Russian Fudge

Condensed milk gives this fudge extra richness.
3 cups sugar, ½cup milk, ½ x200g can condensed milk, 2 Tbsp golden syrup
125g butter, cubed. 1 tsp vanilla, ½-1 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
Combine first five ingredients in a high-heat resistant microwave (12 cup capacity) bowl or large saucepan. Microwave on high, stirring every 2 minutes or cook over moderate
heat, stirring continuously, until either mixture forms a soft ball, for about 15 minutes.
Remove from microwave oven or stovetop. Add vanilla and~wa1nuts and beat for 4-5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken. Pour quickly into 20cm pan lined with a strip ofbaking paper. Leave until firm. Tip from pan then cut into squares.

sykesie, Apr 13, 8:59am
Can anyone supply a fool proof Russian fudge recipe that sets!! Mine alsways seems to be too soft unless I get lucky with it once in a while but no idea why it went hard that time!

sykesie, Apr 13, 10:03am
Hmmm. Do the Edmonds one but don't stir it the whole time. And how long to boil it for! And then beat it for!

winnie15, Apr 13, 10:11am
beat til its glossy . when your hand feels like its going to drop offLoL!

winnie15, Apr 13, 11:32pm
this microwave recipe is great

dollmakernz, Apr 14, 2:54am
winnie15, I've been making it for years and it's great. Occasionally I've poured into the tin and it hasn't set so I've just put it back in the casserole dish boiled for a few more minutes and whipped it again! It's brilliant!

oopie, Apr 14, 3:33am
Get a sugar thermometer, it is in the temperature.
Don't boil until all sugar is melted and, for the edmonds recipie, I find need to double the milk or the sugar takes way too long to dissolve.

dollmakernz, Apr 15, 2:54am
winnie15, I've been making it for years and it's great. Occasionally I've poured into the tin and it hasn't set so I've just put it back in the casserole dish boiled for a few more minutes and whipped it again! It's brilliant!

oopie, Apr 15, 3:33am
Get a sugar thermometer, it is in the temperature.
Don't boil until all sugar is melted and, for the edmonds recipie, I find need to double the milk or the sugar takes way too long to dissolve.

sykesie, May 2, 10:30pm
Thanks very much to all of you

valentino, May 2, 10:54pm
One can add some milk powder for a firmer sewtting but make sure it is fully dissolved first.

pheebs1, May 2, 11:20pm
i do mine in the microwave its fool proof you must beat it with electric beaters for nearly five mins i find whipping all that air into it helps it set
3 cup sugar
200ml condensed milk
125 gm butter
1 tsp vanilla ess
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp golden syrup
pinch salt

bang it in the microwave for 15 mins stop and stir every 3 be very careful taking it out as its super hot and use the largest bowl you can find
beat for 3-5 mins you will feel it start to thicken pour out onto baking paper in a dish makes it easier to get out
makes heaps

rainrain1, May 2, 11:39pm
Sounds to me you are not beating enough....test it as you beat, it should have a slight grittiness in your mouth...then it is ready to pour into pan to set

rainrain1, May 3, 11:39pm
Sounds to me you are not beating enough.test it as you beat, it should have a slight grittiness in your mouth.then it is ready to pour into pan to set