Onion flan

sjordan, Feb 14, 3:27am
My grandma used to make a yummy onion flan thingy and I'd love to make one. All I remember was it had cooked onions in it. No other ingredients just onion and some kind of egg filling on short crust pastry.Does anyone have a recipe for this?

lost-in-oz, Feb 14, 4:31am
Sounds sorta like a caramalised onion tart/quiche or Alison Holst does a onion and cheese flan?

sjordan, Feb 14, 4:38am
That could be it. Im thinking it was an alison holst recipe but I can't find it online

petal1955, Feb 14, 5:28am
Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake

Serves 6
300g pasta spirals
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp mustard
4 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup grated cheese
1. Heat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes (or according to packet instructions) until just tender to the bite. Drain well.
2. At the same time, combine oil, mustard and flour in a saucepan and place over a medium heat for 1 minute, stirring to form a smooth paste. Blend in milk and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking continuously until a smooth sauce forms. Stir in tuna, vegetables, tomatoes and parsley. Stir in pasta and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon mixture into a greased oven dish, or six individual ovenproof dishes. Scatter with grated cheese and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot and cheese is golden.

petal1955, Feb 14, 5:29am

willman, Feb 14, 5:30am
x1
Onion Flan.Allison Holst:

3/4 onions 50 grams butter,1 cup soured cream,2 eggs,salt and pepper and some herbs of your choice.

Pastry:1 1/2 cups flour,2 tspns B Powder,2 Tblpns butter,1/2 cup milk.

Sift flour,BP inro bowl,rub in butter.Roll out to fit a flan/quich dish.

Slice the onions and saute in butter for 7/10 mins.Beat the sour cream with the eggs and salt and pepper-herbs.Put into the crust and bake at 180 oC for 35 - 45 mins.Enjoy.

petal1955, Apr 17, 6:57pm