What's your recipe must have?

Page 3 / 3
motorbo, Feb 25, 4:31am
hi tarshlove, do you think the bread is to thicken it a bit!

maretaf, Feb 25, 5:14am
I should do one too. I should be doing the same with my MUM cos we go by eyeing it, not measurements. but I need to do this for my kids, not just my daughters my son's are great cooks too ONLY cos they love to eat lolz. Thanks for the reminder tarshlove :-)

maggie197, Mar 19, 9:55am
I made these (sultana + a little sugar) today and my partner wolfed them down. Won't bother now with the Edmonds recipe, these are much nicer and fluffier :)
Edit to say thanks.

tarshlove, Apr 4, 4:06am
The Old Lady's Cheese Scones
Makes: 9-12

Ingredients:

11/2-2 cups mixed grated cheese: colby, tasty and mozzarella plus, most important of all, that little bit extra for the top
4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
about 3 cups milk

Method:
Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a baking tray with butter and dust with flour.
In a bowl, gently combine the cheeses with the dry ingredients.
Slowly add the milk (do not add it all at once) and gently mix with a loose hand. When just combined, tip the mixture onto a floured bench and bring together very gently. The trick is not to overmix the dough, or the scones will be tough.
Place handfuls of dough onto the prepared tray and top with the extra cheese.
Bake for up to 20 minutes or until very golden.

bev00, Aug 21, 11:22am
too good to lose .

suzanna, Aug 21, 9:09pm
Have been hearing lots lately about 'pulled pork' so I made it yesterday cooking in my crockpot for 13 hours (doesn't need that long just worked out that way) and of course made the mandatory a bar b que sauce- this is now one of my favourite recipes.