Desperate for ideas for a picky dinner guest

Page 2 / 2
beaker59, Feb 14, 7:25am
Catfood Lasagne, don't tell anyone then sit there with a smirk on your face all evening :)

gerry64, Feb 14, 8:08am
yum catfood lasagne - would love to do it - silly cow would probably eat it
shop a holic that pork stack looks fantastic

punkinthefirst, Feb 15, 12:07am
If you have everything absolutely fresh and cooked as beautifully as you can manage it, then the picky one can hardly complain.
Get her slightly sloshed on bubbly before dinner.... that way, she may let down her guard a bit!

cookessentials, Feb 15, 12:46am
and your friend is quite right.

elliehen, Feb 15, 4:08am
gerry64, would you please come back later and tell us all what your picky guest thought/said about your efforts?Maybe this time the pork chops and the Edgell potatoes will leave her speechless ;)

gerry64, Feb 15, 4:41am
yes I will for sure - I wont be able to stop smiling -and have warned my husband of dire consequences if he dares to tell I have asked for inspiration fromyou all

kob, Feb 15, 6:02pm
in life there are 2 sorts of people 1. people that are extremele carefree and happy in their selves that are so easily pleased that anything you do for them, is the absoloute extreme in gratitutde,they blend in the crowd and are hardly ever a problem or you hardly here a mean word from them then 2, people who are not happy in there own body, and are very negative to everything and find a loop hole to prove a point or continuosly moan or pick about everything just so they become the main focus, I SAY IGNORE her comments make a mean mash to go with your pork chops 1/4 kumera and then 3/4 potatoes mash with loads of butter and milk and they are divine serve with nice green beans or peas and fresh corn on the cob.....heheh she probably has false teeth and you will see them come out her gob lol

fifie, Feb 15, 8:43pm
How True! you will never win, ignore her, serve your meal with some corn on the cob sit back and watch the fun that will do the trick, ha ha ...

dezzie, Feb 15, 8:49pm
lol tell him that if he tells you asked for inspiration on here, you'll tell that the reason was shes such a picky negative cow that you were at your wits end trying to think of what to serve.
Should solve both problems quite nicely, either he shuts up, or it will be the last time you will have the problem, because they won't be back.
Just a question tho...you have had these people to dinner more than once, have they ever had you to their place, and if so, what did she cook?

gerry64, Apr 23, 2:49am
you have hit the nail on the head cob - she is a sour person really but we all like her husband - it is a group of men friends that have been mates forever and we all get on really well except for her - she has never invited any of us to her house but her husband does a very good BBQ entirely on his own -
could easily do the corn - it is beautiful over here -mash kumera is also a good idea which I have done before roasting them whole and scooping out the flesh - plenty of pepper yum