Any bikie recipes with no butter

Page 1 / 3
matzel, Feb 9, 1:55am
why oh why does butter have to be so pricey . home baking for a family is hard when butter cost so much has any one out there got good biscut recipes that makes heaps with next to no butter or no butter that kids will eat.

uli, Feb 9, 1:57am
Hmmm - a bikie recipe.
Now that got me caught out.

matzel, Feb 9, 2:02am
sorry just looked at how i have spelt it . how do you change it

nfh1, Feb 9, 2:03am
I don't think you can matzel.It might make more people look!

Cannot help as do not eat or make biscuits much to my husband's disappointment.

matzel, Feb 9, 2:09am
hahajust trying to make things go further when doing baking

2halls, Feb 9, 2:18am
Here's one with NO butter.You must use either baking paper or a silicone mat,because they are extremely sticky when hot.They are not so sticky when cool.SULTANA NUT COOKIES - 1 c raw sugar,2 eggs,4 teaspoons oil,1/4 t salt,1 c natural muesli (or rolled oats),1 c dessicated coconut,1 c chopped nuts (any kind you like),1 c sultanas,1 t vanilla essence.Beat sugar and egg together until light and frothy.Add everything else and mix well.Drop spoonfuls onto the lined trays (about 5cm apart).Bake at 180 for 10-12 minutes.Cool for 5 minutes on the tray,then carefully remove to a rack to fully cool.Delicious :-)

mazz1972, Feb 9, 2:26am
Use some of the cheap margarine spreads instead of butter?Way cheaper and bake up fine in most recipes provided you don't buy the "light" version

kiwigoldie, Feb 9, 3:46am
This isnt bikies but it is devine...brownies.....

Ingredients
• 1 cup unsweetened apple purée/sauce
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 3/4 cup self-raising flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup (70g) walnuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish.

Place apple purée in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in the cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and the walnuts. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for around 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.

Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing into squares. If desired, dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.

lx4000, Feb 9, 5:06am
Bliss Balls

1 C chopped Dates
1 C Raisins
70g Walnuts
1 Tspn Cocoa
1 Tspn Butter
1 tspn Milk
1 tspn Van Ess
Coconut to roll in

Place all into food processor and whiz till smooth.
Roll into balls.
Roll in coconut and place in fridge.

Sounds soo easy!!

Almonds sound good in this or any other nut of your choice!!

ok, a very small amount here, so all good:)

lx4000, Feb 9, 5:14am
choco cookies

Ingredients
-------------------------------
--------------------
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
piece salt
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 egg whites
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
How to make it
--------------------
Preheat oven to 350.
Put dry ingredients into bowl and mix on low speed 1 minute.
In another bowl, combine vanilla and egg whites. Beat until firm, but not dry. Add dry ingredients and combine - add extra cocoa powder until you like the consistency. These should not be runny, if so adjust with cocoa powder.
With 2-oz scooper, scoop cookie dough and place onto non-stick baking sheet. Make sure to space the cookies about 3 inches apart.
Lower oven temperature to 320 and bake for 14 minutes or until small thin cracks appear on the surface of the cookies. Cool on rack.

lx4000, Feb 9, 5:16am
Butterless Vanilla Cookies
These are extremely addictive, so make lots.
Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
1 heaping tsp baking power
Cooking Instructions:
Beat together oil, sugar, and salt. Then add vinegar, vanilla, and eggs one at a time. Stir in baking powder. Stir in flour, beating until the stiffness of the dough makes it impossible to keep going. Roll out thinly 1/8 inch thick, and cut into shapes. (Dinosaurs are my favorite). Decorate with sprinkles, cinnamon or chocolate. Bake at 400°F for about 10 minutes, until just barely golden.
Makes several dozen cookies.

lx4000, Feb 9, 5:21am
peanut cookies
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:Prep Time: 10 mins
1 Mix together peanut butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugars in medium bowl.

2 Mix in flour and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips.

3 Drop by teaspoon onto lightly greased baking pan.

Bake for 8 min at 375*F. Let cool and enjoy! ?

You can also make Peanut Butter cookies with 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg & 1 tsp vanilla....voila. No butter and no flour.

uli, Feb 9, 8:12pm
Looks like you got some nice recipes there lined up :)

uli, Feb 9, 8:13pm
I think the price of flour and other grain products (which seems to be the "food" mainstay of "civilized" nations) will be much harder to bear in months and years to come. Add to that the rising price of sugar - and you might not be baking much soon :)

http://www.americablog.com/2011/02/times-un-warns-about-china-drought.html http://www.dairyherd.com/dairy-news/latest/Roberts-Report-Crop-prices-rally-on-supply-concerns.html?ref=949 http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/09/us-syngenta-idUSTRE7181E820110209

matzel, Feb 11, 9:41am
thanks guys will try some of them out

dartchamp, Feb 11, 9:52am
mm pams butter two blocks for $5 at pac n save this week...

marcs, Feb 11, 4:41pm
I have been looking for butterless cookie/biscuit recipes. Thank you to those that have posted them.

joybells2, Feb 12, 2:12am
Made the butterless vanilla cookies, made a lot but my lot weren't too keen on them,They didnt taste very sweet, maybe just my cooking lol.

calista, Feb 12, 2:23am
Anyone looking for muffin recipes without butter could try Alison Holst's "Healthy Muffins" book,( possibly in your library) but they wouldn't be as cheap as the biscuits.

lx4000, Feb 12, 2:42am
joybells2 you could cocoa, coconut, choco chippies to it?

rosathemad, Feb 12, 4:22am
Here's a lovely vegan (so definitely no butter!) gingerbread cookie recipe from a funky local (Wellington) food blog: http://hungryandfrozen.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-look-like-woman-but-i-cut-like.html

jncook, Feb 12, 7:49am
This one has no butter or flour and is so quick to make that it can be ready to go in the time it takes the oven to heat up!

1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
75g (or more if you are a chocoholic) of chocolate (chips, drops or chopped dark chocolate)

Heat oven to 180 deg. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl then mix in the chocolate. Place teaspoon sized amounts on an oven tray about 5 cm apart(you will probably need two trays). Bake for around 12 mins or so until lightly browned on top - not too much as they are nice chewy. Leave to cool on the baking tray. Try to avoid eating the whole lot!! :-)

lx4000, Feb 12, 8:16am
Did ya leave atleast 1 ???????

hehehehehe

gardie, Feb 12, 5:54pm
Sounds like a good price but are these the 400gram packs?I hated that they reduced the pack size but kept the price the same.One company went back to the 500 gram pack - maybe lots of unhappy customers - but there is one still selling at 400 grams - pays to check.

lx4000, Feb 12, 8:14pm
thanks for the warning!! Its a standard that butter is in 500g packs or the 250g!