Ive just done the weeks baking, what did you bake

Page 50 / 117
neldav, Jun 5, 2:46am
OldNanas' CoconutIceSlice Nice and moist.
8oz butter,8oz sugar,cream together,add 2cups flour,4tsp cocoa, 3/4 cup coconut,2tsp.Baking powder,vanilla.Press into tin,bake 350- 375 15min.
Icing.1oz butter 4tbls milk. 2tbls Condensed milk, warm, add 2cups icing sugar ,2cups coconut. Ice while warm.

neldav, Jun 5, 3:02am
Old nana's Raisin Drops Here is yummymoist bicky .
8oz butter,8oz sugar,cream together.8 desertspoonmilk. add 1tsp baking soda to milk.4tbls golden syrup.16oz flour,vanilla essense . Mould into bicky size for tray. Bake at 180 ish and take outwhen you want to.Oh , I fogot,add in some raisins as many as you like.Nana is now 98,and still bakes.

uli, Jun 5, 3:20am
Feijoa Walnut Loaf
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup water
2 Cup flour
50 g butter
1 tspn baking powder
1 egg
7-8 feijoas
1 Cup walnuts

Boil feijoas and butter and water together for 5 minutes.
Allow to cool.

Beat egg.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and walnuts.

Add beaten egg and feijoa mix to dry mixture.

Mix well.

Place mixture into a deep loaf tin or 2 small tins.

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Oven temp 180 C

nighteyes, Jun 5, 4:01am
Porridge Buns Hi, wow - took me about half an hour to skim through all these messages and I couldn't resist adding a fave little recipe of my own - actually I am surprised that I beat bams1 to adding it, after all, I'm pretty sure I got the recipe off her in the first place - isn't that right Mum!
Porridge Buns
1 cup cold porridge, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 1 Tbl butter, milk.Beat eggs and sugar, add porridge, then butter, flour and baking powder.Add milk to make stiff dough.Drop on oven tray in spoonfuls and Bake 180 degrees for about 15 minutes (if you make them as big as I do they can take about 1/2 hour).

These are yummy, easy, and fool proof.I've found them really nice by adding raisins and cinnamon, or feijoas and apples which I preserved last year.Even if they don't rise - they still taste good.Great as a warm, quick lunch on the weekends.

koru_designs, Jun 5, 4:51am
Quick mix choccie cake I love this recipe.used to make it all the time when I was younger & had a hankering for choccie cake, so baked it again today. It's still my fav basic choccie cake ever & is really moist & quick to make. Best eaten when cold (if you can force yourself to wait). I double the mixture. 90g butter or marg; 2 T cocoa (sifted); 1 C self-raising flour (sifted); 1 C sugar; 1/2 C milk; 2 eggs; 1/2 t vanilla. Melt butter. Add all ingrediants. Beat for 5 minutes (or until smooth). Bake approx 45 mins at 180 deg. (check after 30 mins).

koru_designs, Jun 5, 4:53am
Then, if you want to ice it. Try spreading jam on it first. Then choccie icing (icing sugar, cocoa & water) & top with dessicated coconut. Yum.

bams1, Jun 5, 5:18am
Ha Ha nighteyes yes you beat me , was thinking of you earlier check out the thread for caramel mud cake it sounds just like your sort of thing was going to email the recipe to you but now you've found the recipe threadi don't need to !

uli, Jun 5, 5:30am
traditionally choc cake was "apricotised" or however you'd like to translate it. Meaning it was covered in apricot jam - then came the icing on top! Very lovely!

koru_designs, Jun 5, 7:07am
I prefer it "strawberry-ised" mmmmm.strawberry jam. Goes so well with choccie icing :)

jaxma, Jun 5, 8:51am
sammydog2006 Go to my listings and there is a classified for mini lops - send me a message there and I'll email you the books.

graebalz, Jun 5, 8:57am
this week I've made raspberry slice thanks to barloo & pam.delilah, short bread, chocolate brownie and sultana cake. Not much rasp slice left tho, oops

rainbowpride, Jun 5, 9:04am
I finally got to page 55 woooohoooooo so now that I have taken all the recipes I want I thought I had better contribute at least 1 recipe.

I made these for a catering job last week and they were a hit.

Cranberry and Date Scones

50 gms butter (melted and cooled down for a few minutes).
1 egg
1.5 cups milk (to this I add 1 tbsp of white vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes).
Combine the aboveand mix well.
Add by mixing with a knife to 3 large cups self raising flour 1/4 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup of chopped dates.

Bake 230 for 10 mins.

Being a baker by trade I will often find recipes and play around with them until I get the result I like.

scdks, Jun 5, 9:16am
Crazy Cake I have made this one too and it is a favourite with everyone who has had some. I love this thread !

cookessentials, Jun 5, 9:26am
I made pumpkin scones today..with plenty of freshly grated nutmeg in them...beautiful.

scdks, Jun 5, 9:53am
Crazy Cake was number 313 This week I'm going to try the Bl**dy Good Choc Cake from the first page :-)

scdks, Jun 5, 9:58am
Hokey Pokey Biscuits Quick and easy and makes about 30 biscuits.

Melt 250gm butter, 2 T Golden Syrup, 1 cup sugar, 1 t Baking soda.
Remove from heat and add 3 cups flour. Mix well and roll into balls and press on a jelly bean (optional!)
Bake 8-10 mins at 160o.

rainbowpride, Jun 5, 9:36pm
OK guys I am up to page 20 and I have seen several references to caramel mudcake but I cant find the recipe.Am I missing something or am I looking with my eyes closed!

PS

What a great thread

fortuna_i, Jun 6, 12:54am
Thanks gemini and pam.delilah for the recipes, I'm going to try them very soon.

rainbowpride, I have looked into jaxma books for a caramel mudcake recipe but there isn't one (maybe is a chocolate caramel slice!).
There is a recipe for Mississippi mudcake(which I have tried and my family liked it), here it is:

1 tablespoon instant coffee
½ cup water
100gr dark cooking chocolate
100gr butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons either sherry, whisky or brandy
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda

Heat the coffee, water,broken chocolate,butter and sugar in a saucepan, cook
until chocolate has melted, and sugar dissolved stirring at intervals, cool at room
temperature, then stir in the brandy or whisky.Beat the eggs with the vanilla in a
food processor or bowl.Sift the flour and baking soda together, then combine the
threeingredients, process or whisk justlongenoughto getasmooth mixture,
which is thinner than most other cake mixtures.Line the bottom of a 6 cup
baking ring tin with baking paper, pour in mixture and bake at 150o
C for about an
hour.

Ice with:
150-200gr cooking chocolate or chocolate chips
1-2 tablespoons cream

Melt chocolate with cream in a saucepan,stirring until smooth, but don’t over
cook otherwise it will burn.Spread onto cake.

hope it helps

kinna54, Jun 6, 7:49am
Well today was a baking for necessity quick job, wasn't feeling well so stuck to the old favs, vanilla bics for granddie, and louise cake. (yummiest effort in shortest time.)

loopydog, Jun 6, 7:53am
Date pie Got this recipe from a Middle Eastern cooking class years ago. Great because it needs very little butter.

1 ½ c flour
1/3 c salad oil
1/3 c water
½ tsp yeast
½ tsp salt
1Tbsp sesame seeds

Filling: 250gm dates, 1 tsp butter

Heat oil until boiling. Combine flour, sesame seeds and salt in bowl. Pour the hot oil into the bowl and stir the mixture. Add the water and yeast, mix and cover for 15 minutes.

loopydog, Jun 6, 7:54am
Date pie (cont) Preheat oven to 200C. Cut dough into small balls. Mash the dates and butter and fill each ball with some date mixture. Place balls on oven tray and bake for 15-20 min.

heav3, Jun 6, 8:55am
jeeesss. im guna be bl.dy busy writing out all these recipes. i am one who loves to bake and if i sneeeze into it, at least i know it was me aye. Also, i rekon you get more (quantity) from homemade baking too.

cookessentials, Jun 6, 9:26am
I made pumpkin scones today.with plenty of freshly grated nutmeg in them.beautiful.

weebub, Jun 6, 9:39am
Porridge.mmmm Funny thing. My husband and I were just talking about porridge this morning.He hates it.Had to stir the pot for his Mum making it for 10 kids. Then he remembers the other kids rushing home from school to eat the cold left overs.I laughed and asked had his Mum ever made a porridge cake - No she hadn't - now I see this recipe for porridge buns.Can't wait to try them - I won't tell him what they are of course.

jennyfenny1, Jun 6, 9:48am
batch of raspberry jam and then marshmallow slice :)
i love trying new recipes, its always a gamble but thats the fun of it lol