Ive just done the weeks baking, what did you bake

Page 48 / 117
laura8388, Jun 2, 11:56pm
where is the cookie time cookie recipe! anyone know! Cheerz :) :) - my familys fav is banana muffins, they dont even have time to be iced before they are all gone! might try the banofee (banana and caramel) ones next. :) mmm!

kennymac, Jun 3, 12:23am
laura8388 Have just bumped the thread for you for the cookietime cookies

weeonex2, Jun 3, 12:33am
~ bump ~ This thread deserves to remain at the top.over a years worth of fantastic recipes and ideas.

Congrats to you all! :)

jaxma, Jun 3, 1:08am
Attn anyone that wanted the recipe books printed out and send to them . sorry about the delay with these, but my printer has died beyond repair.I'm going to have to buy another printer and that's not an option just at the moment, so sorry, but I won't be able to do this for you.I can email you the file (or put it on CD and send it to you), and you can take it somewhere (library etc) and get it printed out if you like.Just let me know.

fortuna_i, Jun 3, 1:18am
Today I made idiot proof scones and date loaf. The scones didn't turn out as well as I was hoping for, still nice but not super fluffy (IYKWIM). I used table spread instead of butter, maybe that's the reason! Also when putting them on the baking sheet, how high should the mix be! mine was 1.5 cm, did I spread it too thin!
Date loaf looking good, waiting for the children to come home for the taste test.
Thanks again Jaxma for the books, you are a legend!

makere0071, Jun 3, 1:53am
chocolate chip muffins please My kids are wanting to make chocolate chip muffins.has anyone got the recipe please.

fortuna_i, Jun 3, 4:50am
Gemini and jennyfenny the original recipe is from subo (apologies to the author if this is not correct) it had rave reviews on the forum a while back. here it is:
Melt 50gms butter in a microwave jug. Let cool a little and break 1 egg into it and top up with milk to = approx 1 3/4 cups liquid. Mix well with a fork. Add by mixing with a knife to 3 large cups self raising flour. Bake 230 for 10 mins. You can add a bit of sugar and fruit or cheese or whatever you feel like.

fortuna_i, Jun 3, 4:53am
and I strongly recommend the date loaf, tastes DIVINE!!!

Gemini I would love your muffin recipe!

I have been searching for the perfect savoury muffin recipe for a while, but mine turn up quite dense

fortuna_i, Jun 3, 4:55am
still waiting for tips on the scone recipe from all those who tried the recipe with success :-)

lindylambchops1, Jun 3, 4:58am
I made a nice choccy & coconut cake yesterday in the micro sliced it in half spread it with lashings of strawberry jam & whipped up some cream with added icing sugar & vanilla.Sprinkle choccy hail on the top.All gone now!

wheelz, Jun 3, 5:12am
I find that recipehorrid, has a 'cake' like texture, not like a real scone should be. I aways use the good old faithful Edmonds recipe, BUT always use buttermilk instead of milk. The secret is to form a soft dough without kneading the death out of them. I pat mine out to and inch or so high and end up with a good 2inch high fluffy scone. Try making your cakes, pikelets, pancakes or scones with buttermilk, you will be amazed how much better the result is !

wheelz, Jun 3, 5:15am
If you think buttermilk is expensive to use, I have a method toget triple the amount out of 1 carton. I don't mean by using lemon juice and milk either... it's just not the same.

gemini007, Jun 3, 5:27am
Okay fortuna - I need your idiot proof scone recipe - I just CAN bake scones - pretty much anything else I can do and do pretty well, but scones are a complete flop for me - very much like rocks and I don't overmix - just like muffins which I make perfectly every week - I just don't get it!

gardie, Jun 3, 8:07am
Do tell!!

buzzy110, Jun 3, 11:00am
The most perfect, low carb muffins for my grandson with eggs, mush made from freshly harvested garden vegetables and steamed salmon. Absolutely divine. Grandson gets six to eat over three days for lunch and we get six to eat for lunch and a no-cook breakfast for him who wanted to be out of the house at 4am and needed something to tide him over till lunch time.

Tried out a raw food recipe - Chia Koji Chocolate pudding. Everyone I've taste tested it on have raved about it. So I am very pleased with my new experiments.

jenna68, Jun 3, 6:34pm
Last page and too good too lose. x

gemini007, Jun 3, 7:38pm
Ohh - thanks for the scone recipe I will be trying this weekend.Will post my muffin recipe later - we are off to soccer now - but it's not savoury - it's sweet.

muddler, Jun 3, 8:21pm
better than chip, lollys and fizzy...

wheelz, Jun 3, 9:18pm
I use a well cleaned 1.5 litre glass bottle ( the ocean spray juice bottle). Pour the carton of buttermilk in and top up to base of the neck with normal milk. Shake gently. Leave unrefrigerated place for approx 3 days. Until the milk has cultured . Refrigerate. Will keep up to 3 weeks.

wheelz, Jun 3, 9:25pm
Have been doing this method for years and never had any problems . Found it here :http://hipgirlshome.com/blog/2011/1/24/make-your-own-buttermilk.html

cebas, Jun 4, 1:23am
Weetbix slice help I have made the recipe off this thread a couple of times and both times it has come out very dry, crumbly. I have tried adding less flour, using a lower oven temp, even sprinkling the press mixture with milk to add mositure. Any other suggestions!

campmum, Jun 4, 1:51am
Hi cebas unsure as to what recipe you have, but I would probably use more butter.when you mix it all, use your hands to squeeze mix together.if it forms into a ball, it should make a nice slice.goodluck

campmum, Jun 4, 1:57am
I have just made. cheats Raspberry slice & apple slice.YUMMO! Made these this morning to feed 24.Buy pre rolled sweet short pastry. I have a sq tin exact size as pastry.baking spray tin, line with pastry sheet, spread with raspberry jam, place another sheet on top. Bake 180*C for 20 mins. when cold Ice with raspberry icing!

campmum, Jun 4, 2:02am
Easy Apple Slice Cream 125gr butter & 1/2 cup sugar. Add 1 egg, 2 cups flour & 1&1/2 tsp baking powder. Mix well. knead into ball. Use 1/2 pastry & press into baking paper lined swiss roll tin. spread over cold stewed apple. With other 1/2 of pastry, grate over apple . Bake 180*C for 30 mins Very easy & delicious!

pp11, Jun 4, 2:26am
Just finished shortbread biscuits, hokey pokey biscuits and munchkin bars. Have honey bbq chicken in the slow cooker and am feeling very productive indeedy :)