Ive just done the weeks baking, what did you bake

Page 4 / 117
mercedes_honour, Jan 8, 11:48am
oh ok guys i start my diet next life time

emmily, Jan 8, 11:38pm
Hi Jaxma I know you probably spend all day sending out your recipe books but I am a recipe and baking freak and would love a copy of yours please.
emmilybryant at hotmail
that would be really great the funniest thing is I have lots of hand written recipe books and keep thinking who ever finds these when I die is going to think I was crazy but now I know that hopefully one day some one will treasure them! ! !

mercedes_honour, Jan 9, 9:08am
keep this alive it is too good to lose

mercedes_honour, Jan 9, 11:25pm
Potato Scones ;2cups flour, 1/2 salt, 1cup mashed potatoes, 1 1/2c boiling water, 1tsp BP, 25gms butter. Mash butter into the potato [cold], add to sifted dry ingredientds. Pour boiling water over and mix to a light dough. Turn onto a floured broad, press out and cut into squares. Bake on a floured tray at 200c for 10 minutes. and enjoy.

mercedes_honour, Jan 9, 11:26pm
that should be 1/2 tso salt sorry.

mercedes_honour, Jan 10, 6:27am
oh please don't let tis thread die, come on you bakers out there

earls5, Jan 10, 7:49am
I have 3 boys 17, 15, 11 and do they eat! , they love home baking, much nicer than bought, also they need to learn to bake too. so well done all you home bakers

jaxma, Jan 19, 6:06pm
It's getting there, but I don't get much of a chance to do the formatting these days (life is way too busy! ). As soon as I am finished with it, I'll post here and let you all know :-)

kob, Jan 19, 7:31pm
yes keep the thread going this has now been going for 6 years my nephew who i wrote about in post one has just about turned 13 and is about to leave for boarding school so it has been around for along time so keep the recipes going

ruby19, Jan 19, 7:55pm
Made a ginger bread loaf, and not sure if this counts but a gozleme, filled with spinach and feta, YUM... . .

mercedes_honour, Jan 21, 8:50am
bumping this up

mercedes_honour, Jan 21, 8:57am
Quick Chocolate Square:melt in pot: 125gm sugar, 2tbs goldern syrup, 1cup milk, cook and then add:1 1/2 cupos flors, 1 cupmcoconut, 1tsp baking soda, 1dsp cocoa, 1tsp cinnamon. bake 15minutes in a 30cm and 25cm tin at 200 c ice with chocolate ing. this is really yummy

mary92, Jan 24, 9:57am
Bam & ladies I think your all wonderful baking. Yes it is easy to go to supermarket and get a packet of biscuits slices puddings. Our children four I always had baked soups, cooked all the food, they do the same now they are grown up. I bake cook puddings for just my husband and myself, or friends to say thanks you, they love it so all I can say is good on all of the cooks. No we are not missing out on anything have gained a lot of pleasure.

lindylambchops1, Feb 1, 7:29am
Back to school tomorrow... . . just made two lots of biscuits... Choc Chip & Walnut, almond essence & cherries. Made a Magical Orange Loaf also a Apricot Bran Loaf. I love your recipe thread. Hope it is still going. Is the e-book 3 out yet? Happy baking all!

griffo4, Feb 1, 8:41pm
l made a banana and raspberry loaf to use up the bananas that had gone soft and it is soo nice and moist, it came out of a paper but l can't remember which one.
Banana and Raspberry Loaf
125g butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2cups plain flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla
1tsp baking powder, sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda, sifted
1 1/2 cups ripe bananas
1 1/2cups raspberries, (l use frozen)
Preheat oven to 160C
Put butter and sugar in the bowl and beat until pale and creamy
Gradually add eggs and beat well.
Fold in the dry ingredients and vanilla
Add banana and raspberries and gently combine
Pour into 10cm x 21cm lightly greased loaf tin and bake for 1hr10mins or until skewer comes out clean
Allow to cool in tin before turning out
The ripe bananas make it moist and add more flavour

mercedes_honour, Mar 6, 9:28am
oh so please this is still going

kob, Mar 21, 1:28am
I have had my nephew(7) to stay and we kind of have a packed that when he stays we bake and he takes home his cakes for his luchbox, so today we have madeaBanana Loave you will need... ... 75 grams of butter, 2/3 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, 1 & 3/4 cup flour, 2 teaspoons of bkg powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 2 mashed bananas, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essmake in the usual way and cook for 50 mins at 180... ... . . CHOCOLATECHIP BISCUITS 100grams of butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, 1 egg, 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 teasppon of bkg powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, make in the usual way and cook at 180 for 15 mins i doubled this recipe and got 50 biscuits... ... . DOUBLE CHOCCHIP MUFFINS, 1 & 1/2 cups of flour, 3 taspoons of baking powder, 1 cup of milk, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of sugar 2 tablespoons of cocoa 1/3 cup melted butter, 1 cup of chocchips make in the usual way and put into muffin tins this makes 12 muffins baked at 200 for 20 mins... . what a lucky neph

bams1, Mar 22, 7:51am
I do my weeks baking- On a sunday ready for the week , this week i made , choc chip bikkies, bran muffins, nancy slice , and raspberry slice ( both new recipes and very nice too) also had to make a bloody good choc cake for hubby to take to work for morning tea , they take turns . Will post the recipes next.

bams1, Mar 22, 7:54am
Bloody good choc cake Mix in order -2c sugar, 2 eggs, 1c yoghurt( any flavour), 3/4c cocoa, 200g melted butter, 2t baking soda, 1 1/2 t vanilla ess, 1/4 t salt, 3 c self raising flour ( or 3c flour and 3 t BP) 1c black coffee. Mix all together , makes 2 round cakes or a roasting tray full , bake at 180*c tillknife comes out clean when tested ( about 30 mins).

bams1, Mar 22, 8:00am
Nancy slice 150g butter, 1t golden syrup, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/4 c coconut, 1/2c chopped dates, 1/4c chopped walnut, 3/4c crushed weetbix, 1 c flour, 1t BP, 2T cocoa. Method-Melt butter , golden /s, and brown sugar , add to dry ingre mix weel and press into greased swiss roll tray, bake at 180* 15-20 minsWhile hot spread caramel icing over and cut while warm, Caramel icing -in a pot-1 c brown sugar , 2T milk , 2T butter , melt then bring to boil , beat with wooden spoon till thickens, pour over cake immediatley. YUMM

bams1, Mar 22, 8:08am
Choc Raspberryslice 2c flour , 4T cocoa, 1/4c icing sugar, 250g butter, 1 c raspberry jam. Melt butter and add to dry ingre, keep 1/3 of mix aside , press the rest into a greased tray , top with jam then crumble the rest over the top , press lightly, and bake 180* 20-30 mins till golden, cut into fingers while warm , this is really yummy.

lemsip, Mar 22, 8:10am
Do people really still feed their children this much butter, sugar and white flour?

bams1, Mar 22, 8:19am
I can tell you That when you have got 7 children it is much cheaper to bake than buy stuff from the super market that is full of preservatives and other crap , at least i take the time out to do it and provide my kids with somethingnice to have in their lunch box, they also get heaps of fresh fruit and veges not just sweet stuff.

lemsip, Mar 22, 10:35am
That is fair enough but just because you made it and not bought it does not make it that much less unhealthy.

kob, Mar 22, 5:26pm
i thought i was alone for a while no one else that i knew did baking for their families and they kept saying ''oh your so good'' but its not been good i fing it relaxing and the kids and their bloody friends put in requests i guess for swapping purposes, i also make the nancys slice have you tried the old fashioned chhescakes in the edmunds book im sure they would be a hit... and lemsip get a life what is more nayural thatn a mother wanting to bake for her kiddies its not proceesed its not $2 a slice so your intitled to your opinion but dont try and make us fell s**t for the good things that we do... ... if im too busy or have to go away for sports i still buy the packages bikkies but they dont last as long and for my 3 lunches costs me $15 a week