Ive just done the weeks baking, what did you bake

Page 3 / 117
whiskey13, Oct 11, 2:31am
I have no idea if this has been posted cos with the new format i dont know how to hunt for a certain recipe. Anyway i'll post it.
No Bake Peanut Bubble Bars ( as seen on good morning programme)
1/2 cup(115gms) caster sugar, 1/2 cup(125mls) golden syrup, 1/2 cup(130gms) peanut butter, 3 cups(105gms) rice bubbles, 100gms dark chocolate, chopped. Line a 30 x 20cm slab pan with non-stick baking paper. Stir sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Please rice bubbles into a large bowl. Stir in syrup mixture. Press into the lined pan. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. stir until melted. Transfer the melted chocolate into a sealable plastic bag. Snip the corner and pipe over the slice. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into bars to serve. sorry if this has been posted already but I'd like to see it in Volume three cos then i do'nt have to go into my favourites and hunt for it each time i want to make it. This way i'll know exactly where it is. :)

whiskey13, Oct 18, 10:38pm
Bumping so we don't lose this wonderful thread

uli, Nov 17, 1:17am
whiskey13 and prendy1 - you only have to bump once a year now :)

lillybelle1, Nov 17, 9:24am
i love this thread! Thank you to all who contribute, and inspire me to continue living well on an itsy bitsy wage! NZ is a fantastic place to live, full of good people- with the 'lets have a go' attitude. Thank you so much!

prendy1, Nov 22, 7:45am
Just made the gingernuts, which really are like the griffins one but so much nicer, and the mars bar muffins which also got the thumbs up.
Thought I'd post one of our favourite recipes; it's an Alison Holst muffin recipe and we like it because it's really moist and tasty, but not too high in fat and sugar.
ABC muffins (apple, banana, chocolate)
Mix together 1 cup mashed banana, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 oil, 1 egg and 1/2 cup milk. Stir in 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1 grated apple and 2 cups self raising flour (o2 plain flour and 2 tsps baking powder). Don't overmix. Bake in muffin tins for 10-12 minutes at 210 degrees.
These are great in lunchboxes and freeze well.

whiskey13, Nov 27, 9:09pm
Tupperware Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies
150 gms butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
11/4 cups plain flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup castor sugar
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup ground almonds
3/4 cup choco chips
Preheat oven to 190*C with tray inside
Melt butter, allow to cool. Add egg and whisk lightly
Combine dry ingredients in large bowl, stir in butter mixture, mix to combine.
Remove tray from oven and working qiuckly place tablespoon amounts onto tray and press out allowing room for spreading
bake for 15-18 mins or until golden and firm to the touch
allow to cool for 5-10 min before transferring to cooling rack

whiskey13, Nov 27, 9:10pm
Strawberry Cream Cake
Prep 25 minutes
Cook 1 1⁄2 to 2 1⁄2 hours (High)
Cool 60 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Ingredients
Canola oil cooking spray
1 box (18. 25-ounce) strawberry cake mix ( this is an american recipe so not sure if you can use our ready mix cake mixes, but I'm gonna see whats at the supermaket)
1 1⁄4 cups strawberry-banana nectar(I'll use the juice from a drained tin of fruit salad or something)
3 eggs
1⁄2 cup sour cream
1⁄3 cup canola oil
1⁄4 cup cake flour( just our normal high grade flour)
2 cans (12 ounces each) whipped cream cheese frosting (just make the normal cream cheese icing)
1 cup frozen (thawed) or fresh strawberries, sliced (plus more for garnish [optional])

Instructions
1. Coat an 8×3-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Wrap foil around the bottom of pan. Crumple additional aluminum foil to create a “ring base” about 5 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, nectar, eggs, sour cream, oil, and flour with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.

3. Place foil ring in bottom of slow cooker; pour 1⁄2 inch of hot water into bottom of slow cooker. Using 2 long strips of foil, make an “X” over foil ring and bring it up along the sides of slow cooker to assist removing pan from slow cooker. Place pan on top of ring and the “X” in slow cooker. Stack 6 paper towels; place on top of slow cooker. Secure with lid.

4. Cook on High heat setting for 1 1⁄2 to 2 1⁄2 hours* or until a wooden tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. (Do not lift the lid for the first 1 hour of cooking. )

5. Use foil strips to lift pan from slow cooker. Place pan on wire rack; cool completely.

6. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of the cream cheese frosting with sliced strawberries until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.

7. To assemble, remove cooled cake from pan and slice horizontally to make two layers. Place one layer on serving plate. Spread strawberry filling evenly over layer and top with second cake layer. Frost entire cake with remaining cream cheese frosting. Garnish with fresh strawberries.

*Note: If your slow cooker has “hot spots” and a removable liner, rotate liner every hour of cooking.

whiskey13, Nov 28, 7:38am
I made the sponge cake mix from the edmonds cookbook and put it in the slow cooker as posted above and left it for 1 hour and 40 mins. Just finished having it with ice cream. YUMMY

griffo4, Nov 28, 9:10pm
Whiskey13 can you please post the Edmonds sponge cake mix that you used to make the strawberry cake it sounds so nice and l would love to try it.
Did you use the sponge cake from Edmonds book in place of the box of cake mix? TIA

whiskey13, Nov 29, 12:32am
sponge cake from Edmonds Cookbook

3 eggs
pinch of salt
3/4 cup of caster sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
50gms melted butter.

Beat eggs and salt, add sugar and beat til thick. Sift flour and baking podwer together, add to egg mixture, fold in butter. Pour into a oven proof type dish that will fit into slow cooker bowl.

Shape some tinfoilinto a circle, put in the slow cooker bowl( that has been preheated on high), place the oven-proof dish on top, boil the jug and carefully pour the boiling water into the slow cooker bowll to half way up the side of the cake dish. I didn't have any paper towels to put over the cake dish so i just put a clean tea towel over the top of the cooker bowl then put the slow cooker lid on then folded the towel back over the lid(so it wasn't touching the sides of the hot slow cooker) This catches the condensation from the lid. DO NOT lift the lid for the first hour. I never touched it for the full 1 hour and 40 mins. I thought it was a bit dry but partner said no cos it soaked up the cream we had with it.

whiskey13, Nov 29, 12:48am
Hi griffo, i never bothered with the strawberry cream cake recipe at all. I just did as i mentioned above. But you can still cut it horizonally and ice it etc.

griffo4, Nov 30, 12:04am
Thank you whiskey13 l will give that a try

lythande1, Nov 30, 1:56am
Hmmm. I don't make cakes much. Maybe 3 or 4 times a year. But then we don't eat that sort of think much either.
Made some passionfruit muffins yesterday. Other than that I make bread most days and that's it.

valentino, Dec 2, 3:04am
A huge amount of nice recipes in here, just use the search area and one should thind things easier (hopefully).

Cheers

jaxma, Dec 23, 6:36pm
I lost this thread and have just spent half an hour scrolling through every page to find it! If you have sent me a message wanting a copy of the recipe books and have not received them, please re-send! I recall getting a few requests and intending to get back to them, but completely forgot! Sorry guys :-(

whiskey13, Dec 29, 12:54am
Just finished watching a programme called Nigella Express. And she made some cookies so i jumped on her website and found them...
Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
125g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
150g flour
30g cocoa, sieved
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
125g soft butter
75g light brown sugar
50g white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, cold from the fridge
350g (2 bags) semi-sweet chocolate morsels or dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave
or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients.
Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
Scoop out 12 equal-sized mounds – an ice cream scoop and a palette knife are the best tools for the job
and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.
Cook for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4–5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.
Makes 12 On the programme she scooped 6 onto a tray and froze them for later use and baked the remaining 6

whiskey13, Dec 29, 1:01am
Yum yum looks alright to me, will have to try these

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/39/115410339_full. jp
g

melinda1, Dec 30, 4:11am
Hi lythande-any chance of the muffin recipe, looking for something different to take to a friends. TIA

whiskey13, Dec 30, 6:11am
melinda. . not sure when lythande will get back to you so here is the one that i make. .
1 egg, 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cup honey, 1/3 cup oil, 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup passionfruit plup.
Mix all ingredients together until just combined.
3/4 fill muffin pan that has been well greased
Bake at 180*C for 15-20 mins.
For something different you could sprinkle a mix of 50g butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup rolled oats on top of mix before popping in the oven

whiskey13, Dec 31, 9:52pm
Happy new year everyone i hope all your baking over the coming year turns out just the way you intended, and that it goes down a treat for whoever the lucky recipient is.

griffo4, Jan 1, 7:09am
Happy New Year everyone and thank you all for your fabulous recipes l have never done so much baking as l have since l found this site.
Jaxma how is the 3rd book coming along? The first 2 are great and good luck with the 3rd one. l for one am looking forward to it coming out.

lindylambchops1, Jan 2, 7:48am
Have just spent about 4 days reading this thread on the message boards and collecting many very tempting recipes on the way. Thank you so much to the contributors and a big thank you to Jaxma for producing the two e-books. Your hard work is certainly appreciated. Am looking forward to number 3. Can't wait for the weather to cool a little so that I can get back into the kitchen & bake for my family. Happy baking everyone!

lindylambchops1, Jan 2, 7:48am
BTW... . . I hope to contribute some recipes soon!

pixiegirl, Jan 6, 10:56pm
Hi jaxma would love a copy of the books if possible parlato family (no space between words if you get what I mean) at more than enough place. Hope that makes sense and many thanks,

melinda1, Jan 6, 11:04pm
Thanks for the recipe whiskey13. Will get daughter to have a try today!