NZ's Hottest Home Baker

Page 4 / 15
dangerousdevil, Mar 11, 3:04am
What was that sugar stuff like a spider web they made called?

battgirl, Mar 11, 4:00am
There is no WAY Gretchen should have been in the top three with her ginger and pear cake this week! She missed the "spectacular dessert with height" brief COMPLETELY. Sure, it may have tasted nice but it was just a stack of cake with pears sticking out the top for goodness sake! Pleased she didn't get booted altogether though, she's obviously the one to watch. Would have liked to see her in the bottom two just to remind her no one's safe.

battgirl, Mar 11, 4:00am
Spun sugar.

krazy_kat, Mar 11, 8:33am
I missed the end so who won and who went home?

duckmoon, Mar 11, 9:43am
x1
catherine won - with the chocolate brownie tower - she won for originality...

chelsea went home; best spun sugar, but they weren't impressed with her choux pastry

sleyle, Mar 11, 8:17pm
x1
I think Gretchen should have gone home as she totally missed the brief, and I think she is still there as Dean has the hots for her!Has anyone else noticed it?

motorbo, Mar 11, 8:40pm
no i didnt see that but it was sad to see Chelsea go, what a fabulous young woman she is!but how does a pear cake met the brief! shouldnt someone go home just for that alone!

bedazzledjewels, Mar 12, 1:03am
Well, next week's celebration chocolate cakes look interesting. Do you think Gretchen's still shaping up as the winner! Hard to warm to her, although she's obviously quite skilled and creative.

vintagekitty, Mar 12, 1:05am
was Gretchen's the pear cake!

bedazzledjewels, Mar 12, 1:09am
Lol VK - I can't answer that as I came in only for the last few minutes!

vintagekitty, Mar 12, 1:12am
Bedazz, im sure it was. I was thinking why she was still in the running with that cake as the brief was something with height!

sleyle, Mar 12, 1:22am
It was more obvious on the very first show that Dean fancied Gretchen.Maybe he's been told to tone it down!

fifie, Mar 12, 2:04am
Yes it was, she came a bit unstuck didn't she ! as she mucked up her spun sugar topping and threw it out, ending up with not much height.Personally i thought it was the worse dish on the night, and she should have gone home but her known skills and creativity have kept her in.

motorbo, Mar 12, 2:12am
she does fancy herself though ah LOL

dangerousdevil, Mar 12, 3:04am
What was that sugar stuff like a spider web they made called!

battgirl, Mar 12, 4:00am
There is no WAY Gretchen should have been in the top three with her ginger and pear cake this week! She missed the "spectacular dessert with height" brief COMPLETELY. Sure, it may have tasted nice but it was just a stack of cake with pears sticking out the top for goodness sake! Pleased she didn't get booted altogether though, she's obviously the one to watch. Would have liked to see her in the bottom two just to remind her no one's safe.

krazy_kat, Mar 12, 8:33am
I missed the end so who won and who went home!

duckmoon, Mar 12, 9:43am
catherine won - with the chocolate brownie tower - she won for originality.

chelsea went home; best spun sugar, but they weren't impressed with her choux pastry

sleyle, Mar 12, 8:17pm
I think Gretchen should have gone home as she totally missed the brief, and I think she is still there as Dean has the hots for her!Has anyone else noticed it!

sleyle, Mar 13, 1:22am
It was more obvious on the very first show that Dean fancied Gretchen.Maybe he's been told to tone it down!

fifie, Mar 13, 2:49am
True, and she didn't like it this week not getting good comments the body language said it all.

sclaredy_cat, Mar 13, 3:33am
I hadn't even noticed those two, too busy being annoyed by Jade and her mean comments and cheshire grins. Or is it just me?

motorbo, Mar 13, 3:56am
is jade the judge? yeah she dont do it for me i adore Colin though, i luv his humour last week he said to one of them ohh your cream puff is pooing custard LOL

bedazzledjewels, Mar 13, 4:00am
I bet the film crew get to eat all the baking!

sclaredy_cat, Mar 13, 4:01am
yes she is a judge, the ice queen one that seems to enjoy seeing the contestants in a flap and pointing out that she is the expert, she makes me want to slap her!.Colin is adorable, I think he would be som much fun in person. Never thought I would say this but I would love to have him for my gay boyfriend!