Pork chops and apple casserole

westsa, Jan 22, 5:11am
Hi anyone got a good pork and apple casserole or slow cooker recipe please.

jessie981, Jan 22, 5:59am
Posted by beaker

with a casserole in my opinion recipes aren't required its more a case of putting together the best flavour combinations with what you have but I would start with browning well in oil then transfer to casserole dish then saute some sliced onion and garlic in the same pan deglaze the pan with white wine or apple cider. then add to casserole with some vege flavours that work well with pork would be Apple (peeled and sliced apple definately) tomatoes fresh sage rosemary thyme lemon grass bay leaves chilli don't forget to season also good additions are kumara mushrooms potatoes peas beans brocolli etc etc bake for an hour at 150c or simmer on stove top til tender or slow cooker 4 hrs on high.
Quote beaker59 (5 )8:20 pm, Tue 12 Oct #2

alimick, Mar 19, 5:01am
Thanks for the ideas. Nearly ready to get out of oven.

alimick, Mar 19, 7:35am
OK I USED:
Pork chop
Onion
Apple
Garlic
Chilli pulp
Tomato
Thyme
Brown sugar
Soy sauce
Water
Kumara
Red pepper
Peas
White wine extract at the end
Salt and pepper

It was nice, though the gravy was a bit thin.Yummy though.

beaker59, Mar 19, 9:44pm
Alimac thats the way we do it in this house as we try to avoid extra carbs and some like a thin gravy here several ways to thicken are flour the meat before browning or add cornflour in water at end to achieve desired thickness. I use cornflour most often as I have struggled to achieve the roux method well.

Tip with cornflour is aprox 1 tsp cornflour to each cup of liquid you want to thicken gives a good thick sauce. Using flour in a roux use slightly more.

dbab, Mar 19, 10:15pm
alimick, I would have left out the water, as you have enough other "wet" ingredients.

jessie981, Jan 22, 5:59am
Posted by beaker

with a casserole in my opinion recipes aren't required its more a case of putting together the best flavour combinations with what you have but I would start with browning well in oil then transfer to casserole dish then saute some sliced onion and garlic in the same pan deglaze the pan with white wine or apple cider. then add to casserole with some vege flavours that work well with pork would be Apple (peeled and sliced apple definately) tomatoes fresh sage rosemary thyme lemon grass bay leaves chilli don't forget to season also good additions are kumara mushrooms potatoes peas beans brocolli etc etc bake for an hour at 150c or simmer on stove top til tender or slow cooker 4 hrs on high.
Quote beaker59 (5 )8:20 pm, Tue 12 Oct #2